"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 07-19-2009, 08:55 AM   #1
Master Chef

What's cooking Sunday July 19, 2009?

give me ideas.

Old 07-19-2009, 09:21 AM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

Ham and provolone, beef and cheddar, grilled eggplant and jack,with grilled zucchini on soft french rolls or thick cut rye and then there will be sliced tomatoes, bib lettuce,onions,cucumbers, avocados,peppers, mayo, mustard,horseradish and a Panini press..Tortellini salad with pesto and tomatoes and red onion, Yukon gold and green beans,red onion dressed with evoo and red wine vinegar and for son in law a cucumber salad with mayo and sour cream,dill lemon juice...Desserts brownies with cream cheese frosting or chocolate frosting and vanilla ice cream..and I'm done
kadesma

Old 07-19-2009, 09:22 AM   #3
Master Chef

This morning I browned some ground beef with salt, melange of peppers, onion powder, and tomato/olive pesto. I plan to use it with noodles or some form of pasta for supper. I will either use it as a topping on top of the noodles or mix it in with the pasta.
Old 07-19-2009, 09:47 AM   #4
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Okay, I'm supposed to be on my way to bed and now you've made me all hungry. Sounds fantastic!

<tummy rumbles>

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
Ham and provolone, beef and cheddar, grilled eggplant and jack,with grilled zucchini on soft french rolls or thick cut rye and then there will be sliced tomatoes, bib lettuce,onions,cucumbers, avocados,peppers, mayo, mustard,horseradish and a Panini press..Tortellini salad with pesto and tomatoes and red onion, Yukon gold and green beans,red onion dressed with evoo and red wine vinegar and for son in law a cucumber salad with mayo and sour cream,dill lemon juice...Desserts brownies with cream cheese frosting or chocolate frosting and vanilla ice cream..and I'm done
kadesma
Old 07-19-2009, 10:35 AM   #5
Master Chef

I have no idea.... something with chicken perhaps.
Old 07-19-2009, 10:58 AM   #6
Executive Chef

we are having two dinners today

the boys are expected back mid afternoon from their motorcycle rally in TN, at which time we will have some corn chowder, garlic bread and chocolate ice cream with roasted pecans...

then a few hours later, we will be sitting around a campfire roasting hot dogs and potatoes
Old 07-19-2009, 11:13 AM   #7
Master Chef

my older girl want mac and cheese with tuna. so i got the family size blue box 4 cheese dinner. i am going to heat and melt the cheese pouch with canned drained mushrooms, a can of cream of mushroom soup (no water or milk added unless needed to thin a bit), a bit of sour cream and some fresh grated white vermont cheddar and a bit of fresh chopped parsley. then cook the pasta and add some sweet baby peas in the last minute of cooking. drain and add to the cheese mixture and stir, then add a can of solid white albacore in water (drained and flaked) and stir.
Old 07-19-2009, 11:29 AM   #8
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmofet View Post
my older girl want mac and cheese with tuna. so i got the family size blue box 4 cheese dinner. i am going to heat and melt the cheese pouch with canned drained mushrooms, a can of cream of mushroom soup (no water or milk added unless needed to thin a bit), a bit of sour cream and some fresh grated white vermont cheddar and a bit of fresh chopped parsley. then cook the pasta and add some sweet baby peas in the last minute of cooking. drain and add to the cheese mixture and stir, then add a can of solid white albacore in water (drained and flaked) and stir.
I could actually have that... 'cept I don't have any mushrooms, but that's okay. Mark doesn't like them. Do you bake your dish in the oven at all?

The only thing is I still have filling leftover from the peppers last night. I'm not sure what to do, since I was thinking chicken also.
Old 07-19-2009, 11:49 AM   #9
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla Bean View Post
I could actually have that... 'cept I don't have any mushrooms, but that's okay. Mark doesn't like them. Do you bake your dish in the oven at all?

The only thing is I still have filling leftover from the peppers last night. I'm not sure what to do, since I was thinking chicken also.
no i don't bake it as no one likes the tuna cooked but you can top with bread crumbs seasoned with salt, black pepper, ground hot pepper flakes and a bit of grated cheddar, rom and parm cheeses and bake.

if you want the mac and cheese tonight you can freeze pepper filling as is (which would be nice added to a beef soup) or add tomato sauce for later use served over pasta. if chicken is thawed you can always poach it for later use save the cooking broth for later use also.
Old 07-19-2009, 12:01 PM   #10
Head Chef

Spaghetti w/Meatballs, Italian Green Beans, Garlic Bread and Peach Pie.