What's cooking Sunday July 31st???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That is salmon!!! My auto correct does not always know what is best!!!

We had a late afternoon snack and are not hungry yet, so as soon as Big Brother is over I will be making cheeseburger wraps. :)

I'm going to take the chicken liver mixture that I have, mix it with some panko crumbs and stuff a couple chicken breasts with it. They will be seared in a CI skillet, then baked, so I have something to make some gravy with. My fat of choice will be bacon grease!
Also on the menu are some beignets de courgettes, parsley potatoes and maque choux.

Darn it! I forgot the parsley potatoes. I knew I was forgetting something.

Attachments

• dinner 7-31-11.jpg
    dinner 7-31-11.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 218
I had a Costco rotisserie chicken with half the meat already used for sandwiches, so I wanted to use it up.
Here's my version of Chicken Tetrazzni pie, all ready for the oven. We'll have a green salad and garlic bread too.

img_1031801_0_fe693fea48175849ba5164c3d15de40f.jpg

I've had a craving for Kentucky Fried Gerbil and the Colonel has a special going on, 14 piece legs and thighs, two containers of mashed potatoes and gravy, cole slaw, and a chocolate cake for 14 bucks American. That should take care of Sunday dinner and at least 2 week day suppers.
Hamster is younger and more tender but guinea pig is meatier!! :LOL: Problem is it's all dark meat!!

Here is our dinner. I will post the noodles recipe shortly. (I am already paying for all the garlic!! LOL)

Lamb blade chops (rubbed with EVOO & highly seasoned with my all purpose seasoning blend - garlic powder, onion powder, Goya adobo seasoning, accent, ground sea salt, ground peppercorns, ground red pepper flakes, cayenne, Hungarian hot paprika, ground thyme and ground rosemary) then fried in cast iron pan till nicely browned. Add to pan 3 cloves fresh garlic grated, juice of 1 lemon, pinch dry rosemary, several drops of gravy master and enough water to just come to top of chops, and then simmer till tender (turning once), about 1 TBSP softened butter mashed with about 1 TBSP flour added to pan juices to make a gravy. The sides are egg noodles in a creamy garlic béchamel sauce with peas (grated fresh garlic sautéed in butter till fragrant then flour added and cooked for 1 minute, enough ½ & ½ added to make a nicely thickened sauce and a sprinkle of dry parsley then tossed with cooked egg noodles and frozen peas) & green bean salad (steamed fresh green beans tossed while hot in fresh lemon juice, EVOO, ground sea salt, ground peppercorns and grated fresh garlic).

img_1031808_0_e4bcdf4c70fcbf7eb8c6536250670964.jpg

Egg noodles in a creamy garlic béchamel sauce with peas

img_1031808_1_257c42ecfd733555b0643a21087f80a9.jpg

Last edited:
OMG. Brining is the way to go with pork loin chops. They were wonderful! I also grilled some black plums and cucumbers. Plums good, cukes, so-so.

Some kind of steak, which will be decided upon when we get to the stores. I am going to do up some buffalo turds, I just love those things. I have to do something with a couple of egglpants which aren't getting any fresher in the fridge......so, we will see..Bon Apetit, everybody!!!
Everybody's dinner sounds and looks wonderful! I found a little Prime Rib roast. Passed on the buffalo turds and eggplant. They have to wait until tomorrow. Can't pass the corn stand without buying some. Potatoes in foil with sundried tomatoe vinagarette....

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 206
Last edited:
Lots of fab food above, we were working in the garden all day, so the deep fryer was brought out of the vault, I dug a haulm of main crop Rooster, part fried them in the morning. We had a chunk of my first Fatty left and some of the smoked turkey thigh.
Both tasted very good hot the night before, but cold with twice cooked french fries and two litres of cider it was the dogs b......:ermm:

I love corn in the husk cooked on the grill. mmmm
I used fresh corn for the maque choux yesterday, I'll probably grill the other two ears tonight.

Bolas, what did you end up putting in that fatty?

I'll bet it would be good in black bean salsa, too.
I'll have to stop throwing the leftover ears to my hens, lol.

Turkey or ham pannini's with gorgonzola or brie Cibata rolls, white eggplant from our garden smeared with a evoo,white balsamic, crushed garlic marinade a platter of Armenian cucumbers, sliced tomatoes , sliced romaine, dill pickles, sliced cubanell peppers,, avocado, red onion slices. dessert ice cream and pieces of a baked custard cake.Fun,fun,fun.:LOL:
kades

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom