"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 07-31-2011, 04:46 PM   #11
Senior Cook

Meatloaf, gravy, mashed potatoes, steamed green beans. Not quite a summer meal, but after being away for a week on vacation, we wanted a nice home-cooked meal.

Enjoy the day.

Old 07-31-2011, 05:21 PM   #12
Master Chef

Thanks to my friends here at DC, I'm brining some chicken breasts. I went to the farmers' market yesterday and am making up foil packets of veggies to have with them and for the rest of the week. All on the coals in an hour or so.

Old 07-31-2011, 05:23 PM   #13
Certified Pretend Chef

Swordfish on the grill, corn on the cob and some sesame noodles.
Old 07-31-2011, 05:55 PM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire

i am thinking salmon patties, coccus, pea and carrot salad.
Old 07-31-2011, 06:13 PM   #15
Executive Chef

I've had a craving for Kentucky Fried Gerbil and the Colonel has a special going on, 14 piece legs and thighs, two containers of mashed potatoes and gravy, cole slaw, and a chocolate cake for 14 bucks American. That should take care of Sunday dinner and at least 2 week day suppers.
Old 07-31-2011, 06:30 PM   #16
Master Chef

I am laughing so hard. I had intentions of cooking some chicken breasts over the coals (and will), and because I hit the little farmers' market, packets of green beans and baby onions, and one of beets, and my husband's favorite preparation of corn on the cob. Well, my neighbor just called and said she got a bunch of eggplant in, did I want some? There are 7 eggplant! I'm just piercing them, putting them on the grill, then refrigerating them. Tomorrow I'll make baba ganouche. But they are particularly pretty eggplants, very round, one half a pale purple, one half sort of purple/white striped. If I'd known in advance I'd have considered a grilled ratatouille, but in fact we had ratatouille last Sunday. The baba ganouche I can make up, keep some for ourselves, and pass some along to friends. For about 5 minutes I considered calling a couple of friends who might be interested in a veggie-heavy cookout, but I think hubby probably wants just the two of us, so am not going to suggest it.
Old 07-31-2011, 06:48 PM   #17
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire View Post
I am laughing so hard. I had intentions of cooking some chicken breasts over the coals (and will), and because I hit the little farmers' market, packets of green beans and baby onions, and one of beets, and my husband's favorite preparation of corn on the cob. Well, my neighbor just called and said she got a bunch of eggplant in, did I want some? There are 7 eggplant! I'm just piercing them, putting them on the grill, then refrigerating them. Tomorrow I'll make baba ganouche. But they are particularly pretty eggplants, very round, one half a pale purple, one half sort of purple/white striped. If I'd known in advance I'd have considered a grilled ratatouille, but in fact we had ratatouille last Sunday. The baba ganouche I can make up, keep some for ourselves, and pass some along to friends. For about 5 minutes I considered calling a couple of friends who might be interested in a veggie-heavy cookout, but I think hubby probably wants just the two of us, so am not going to suggest it.
Mmmm. Eggplant caviar, crusty bread.
Old 07-31-2011, 07:18 PM   #18
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Cheeseburger.

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 07:28 PM   #19
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Brined pork chops on the hibachi (thanks Andy!) with salt free Thai seasoning, mashed potatoes and corn.
Old 07-31-2011, 07:36 PM   #20
Executive Chef

Damon on crackers for an appetizer and burgers on the grill tonight.

Tags
cooking