What's cooking Sunday July 31st???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pacanis

Chef Extraordinaire
After taking the night off, thanks to that pizza for lunch :sick: I feel like cooking! :chef:

I'm going to take the chicken liver mixture that I have, mix it with some panko crumbs and stuff a couple chicken breasts with it. They will be seared in a CI skillet, then baked, so I have something to make some gravy with. My fat of choice will be bacon grease!
Also on the menu are some beignets de courgettes, parsley potatoes and maque choux.

Darn, it's only 9:30 AM... :(
I may be having a big lunch :)

I have a lot of cold cuts that need to get eaten this week. I was expecting the yungun home last night but his arrival is postponed several days since he has a job interview this week. I'm thinking of grilling some sandwiches. May make up some kidney bean salad to go with it.

The only thing I'm certain off at this point is that I'm going to put a whole chicken on the rotisserie. Beyond that, it's up in the air. I'm kind of "fooded out" because I spent most of yesterday canning and freezing stuff from the garden. If I get ambitious I may make a batch of Julia Child's souffled potatoes as one of our sides. There are also lots of beautiful fresh tomatoes and cucumbers I'll slice up as part of the meal. We'll see. I plan to spend a lot of my day in the pool.

Lamb blade chops, noodles and green beans are planned.

Some kind of steak, which will be decided upon when we get to the stores. I am going to do up some buffalo turds, I just love those things. I have to do something with a couple of egglpants which aren't getting any fresher in the fridge......so, we will see..Bon Apetit, everybody!!!

Meatloaf, gravy, mashed potatoes, steamed green beans. Not quite a summer meal, but after being away for a week on vacation, we wanted a nice home-cooked meal.

Enjoy the day.

Thanks to my friends here at DC, I'm brining some chicken breasts. I went to the farmers' market yesterday and am making up foil packets of veggies to have with them and for the rest of the week. All on the coals in an hour or so.

I've had a craving for Kentucky Fried Gerbil and the Colonel has a special going on, 14 piece legs and thighs, two containers of mashed potatoes and gravy, cole slaw, and a chocolate cake for 14 bucks American. That should take care of Sunday dinner and at least 2 week day suppers.

I am laughing so hard. I had intentions of cooking some chicken breasts over the coals (and will), and because I hit the little farmers' market, packets of green beans and baby onions, and one of beets, and my husband's favorite preparation of corn on the cob. Well, my neighbor just called and said she got a bunch of eggplant in, did I want some? There are 7 eggplant! I'm just piercing them, putting them on the grill, then refrigerating them. Tomorrow I'll make baba ganouche. But they are particularly pretty eggplants, very round, one half a pale purple, one half sort of purple/white striped. If I'd known in advance I'd have considered a grilled ratatouille, but in fact we had ratatouille last Sunday. The baba ganouche I can make up, keep some for ourselves, and pass some along to friends. For about 5 minutes I considered calling a couple of friends who might be interested in a veggie-heavy cookout, but I think hubby probably wants just the two of us, so am not going to suggest it.

I am laughing so hard. I had intentions of cooking some chicken breasts over the coals (and will), and because I hit the little farmers' market, packets of green beans and baby onions, and one of beets, and my husband's favorite preparation of corn on the cob. Well, my neighbor just called and said she got a bunch of eggplant in, did I want some? There are 7 eggplant! I'm just piercing them, putting them on the grill, then refrigerating them. Tomorrow I'll make baba ganouche. But they are particularly pretty eggplants, very round, one half a pale purple, one half sort of purple/white striped. If I'd known in advance I'd have considered a grilled ratatouille, but in fact we had ratatouille last Sunday. The baba ganouche I can make up, keep some for ourselves, and pass some along to friends. For about 5 minutes I considered calling a couple of friends who might be interested in a veggie-heavy cookout, but I think hubby probably wants just the two of us, so am not going to suggest it.
Mmmm. Eggplant caviar, crusty bread.;)

Brined pork chops on the hibachi (thanks Andy!) with salt free Thai seasoning, mashed potatoes and corn.

Damon on crackers for an appetizer and burgers on the grill tonight.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom