What's cooking Sunday June 29, 2014?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

powerplantop

Executive Chef
Frijoles charros

img_1371740_0_b7a3ea8e1621bd5c8ac0e8521986808f.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Salmon with an orange/ginger/soy glaze and brown rice, garnished with scallions.

Ooh. A local resto, now closed, had the best frijoles ala charro. The lady who made it said she used a lot of bacon. Of course you will post your recipe, right?

Clean out the fridge night. I made tuna salad with expired yogurt, the dredges of ranch dressing, and the usual Hellman's, sweet relish, onion and celery. Served with Triscuit.

Ooh. A local resto, now closed, had the best frijoles ala charro. The lady who made it said she used a lot of bacon. Of course you will post your recipe, right?

Clean out the fridge night. I made tuna salad with expired yogurt, the dredges of ranch dressing, and the usual Hellman's, sweet relish, onion and celery. Served with Triscuit.

I will post in a few days when I get the video edited.

I used Patak's butter chicken cooking sauce to make, surprise, surprise, butter chicken. I cooked the breast meat in one pot and the deboned thighs and drumsticks in another. I guess it was the difference in fat content, but the sauce looked different in texture and colour in the two pots. Served it with brown basmati rice and Tasty Bite Bengal lentils. Pretty good for a "cheats" supper.

Hah Dawg! Is there any such thing as "expired" yogurt? It seems to live forever. I threw some away today that had an expiry of mid April, it still looked and smelled okay, but I did't want to trust it ;)
We cleaned out the fridge tonight too, had leftover Spaghetti with meat sauce.

PPT, that dish looks so yum! Looking forward to the recipe. :)

Hah Dawg! Is there any such thing as "expired" yogurt? It seems to live forever. I threw some away today that had an expiry of mid April, it still looked and smelled okay, but I did't want to trust it ;)
We cleaned out the fridge tonight too, had leftover Spaghetti with meat sauce.

PPT, that dish looks so yum! Looking forward to the recipe. :)

When it comes to yogurt and sour cream, my philosophy is that it's OK as long as it's still white. :rolleyes:

Heh. I just didn't tell DH about the past-their-prime ingredients. He proclaimed the tuna salad "excellent".

Powerplant, your frijoles looks so good - I could eat bowls of that for days.

salt and pepper, I so want sushi now. Looks fantastic.

I had stuffed bell peppers last night. The bell pepper thread really got my taste buds going. It ended up being a kind of throw together stuffing mixture based on leftovers in the fridge and the freezer. Very good. :yum:

Back
Top Bottom