What's cooking Sunday May 16, 2010?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
I have 1 lb ground bison, ground beef, baby spinach, leeks, celery, carrots and broccoli crowns.
I am thinking of mixing about a 1/2 lb of the beef with the bison and a small bit of finely minced onion and garlic (not so much to totaly over power the bison). To achieve lean burgers and topping with a slice of mild provolone. I'm thinking the sides may be - baby spinach either steamed with butter or creamed and mashed broccoli (I'm think a mock mashed tater to fool the family LOL).

I cubed and vac sealed and froze some b/s breasts the last time there was a sale so I may save the leeks, celery and carrots to make a quick chicken soup tomorrow. Well those are my tentive plans which may be changed without notice!! LOL

I'm smoke'n some bbq beans now. Meal in a bowl when I make it.:mrgreen:

Gloomy, yucky day. Time for comfort food.

We'll be having country-fried steak with lots of peppery cream gravy, mashed taters, buttered baby peas and freshly made strawberry pie with whipped cream for dessert.

thinking i will make a pasta salad, putting pieces of cooked chicken in it. thawing a thigh for this purpose. not really sure, either, will see after a short nap.
Pasta salad is great, I add some baby spinach leaves to rotini that curly pasta, some chives.and dill,I add about 2 Tab of low or no sodium chicken broth,evoo lemon juice,dijon and black pepper. On the pasta I make mine with cooked wheat pasta and I really like it.
kades

Fish n chips. (actually Gorton's Beer Batter filets and thick-cut oven fries.. but I do have my malt vinegar :) )

Pasta salad is great, I add some baby spinach leaves to rotini that curly pasta, some chives.and dill,I add about 2 Tab of low or no sodium chicken broth,evoo lemon juice,dijon and black pepper. On the pasta I make mine with cooked wheat pasta and I really like it.
kades

used the curly pasta, lol. added celery,red onion, green chili, hardboiled egg.cilantro, lots of cilantro, i love it. squeezed a small amount of lime juice. used new paprika, (got from penzys) little garlic pwd. and mayo. succeeded in making only two servings. i am only one eating it. :chef:

Bison burger, steamed and buttered fresh baby spinach and mashed broccoli.

(I really don't like this picture!!)

img_896649_0_532bb1703e82fbdd566c1e2fbec65830.jpg

What an excellent dinner tonight. Pork snitchel with a lemon/mustard sauce, along with pureed potato/cauliflower with a mushroom maple cream gravy

95 that is fantastic. Way to go
kadesma:)
thank you. i took meds plus 2 vinegar pills and 2 cinnamon pills with dinner. i really think the cinnamon and vinegar helps. i grind cinnamon on food when it goes (like plain yogurt) on use red wine or malt vinegar when possible. i love spinach and beef or the bison burgers.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom