What's cooking Sunday Oct. 4, 2009?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I made Bulgogi this was the first time I made that I was happy with it.

3984748415_7e2ea9e6b0.jpg

That looks pretty good Top. I haven't had a good Bulgogi in years. I like it with a good pork too. Wrap it up in a good lettuce leaf and you have Korean fast food! LOL

Sunday night we had "Accidental Fried Ravioli". "Accidental" you ask?

We didn't feel like a big meal, & I mentioned that we had 1/2 bag of cheese Pierogi's in the freezer, which hubby thought was perfect. So I set a pot of water to boiling & a large skillet with melted butter for sauteeing & dumped the bag in. Just as the little dumplings hit the water, I realized it was 1/2 a bag of cheese RAVIOLI - not Pierogi!!!

So, I just continued the way I normally would with Pierogi - boiled until nearly done, then sauteed a few minutes on each side in melted butter & served with sour cream for dipping. They were delicious!

Did I miss the dinner thread for today? if so please merge. tia

Dinner 10/4/09:

Broiled shell steak, salad and steamed cauliflower topped with shredded cheddar.

img_854460_0_ecb8a0c7eb0b1373df95d79df4e13dfb.jpg

img_854460_1_25c916df5bad2fd0835ebec3719e20a7.jpg
I zoomed right by this. You do your meat just the way I like! AND, I love your salads, as they have plenty of olives and tomato!! YUMMM!

I zoomed right by this. You do your meat just the way I like! AND, I love your salads, as they have plenty of olives and tomato!! YUMMM!
thank you bean!!

i wanted to use my Cast Iron grill pan but the family complained that they didn't want the smoke this time. so i broiled them but next time it will be the grill pan because i love how it cooks the steak nice and crusty on the outside and nice and red/pink on the inside in only about 5 minutes total. this salad was from the bags which is ok but i like to get heads of many greens and clean them myself but this time we went for quick. i love olives and tomatoes (so long as the tomatoes are not hot house and mealy. usually in the winter i don't put tomatoes in because they have no flavor). i also put a bit of anchovy paste and a bit of green olive paste in the dressing for a nice little kick.

Back
Top Bottom