What's cooking Sunday October 11, 2009?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dinner 10/11/09:

Boneless chicken breast seasoned, pan seared and finished in the oven.

img_855671_0_dc6030edfc17985d0d4f55bdc9f31162.jpg

Served with baked sweet potato and acorn squash mashed with cinnamon, brown sugar, butter and maple syrup, stuffing and gravy.

img_855671_1_ec0657fefcd0cf399f5de1b6e868c0e9.jpg
Your dinner is marvelous! I don't think I've had squash done that way, but I'm sure I would love it! :)

Your dinner is marvelous! I don't think I've had squash done that way, but I'm sure I would love it! :)
thank you sweetie!! sometimes i add pumpkin pie spices and a bit of orange juice to the potato and squash mash.

tough day for blood sugar, too low, too high drives me nuts. so i had a dinner that i know how many carbs etc. i had a lean q. swedish meatballs, salad and that was it. made myself sick with candy trying to get it up. dirty job but someone had to do it.lol

Sure but I will have to get one of those nice cup like poaching things.:LOL:
LOL my daughter got her school fundraiser catalog and they had them in there. set of 2 color red BUT they were cheaper than the ones i got. mine cost $9.99 the fundraiser were $8.50. figure that out ... fundraiser stuff is usually more money.

Having just purchased a new cookbook yesterday morning (Fish - The Complete Guide to Buying and Cooking, by Mark Bittman), I decided to give one of the recipes a whirl last night. Made "Spice-Crusted Pan-Fried Tuna", & it was WONDERFUL!! Basically, tuna steaks dredged in egg & then flour spiked with ground cayenne pepper & powdered Wasabi, then seared in some oil & butter in a hot pan (I used my big cast-iron job). Served it with a bagged fresh stir-fry vegetable mix (broccoli florets, julienned stems, julienned carrots, & red cabbage) which I sauteed in some Trader Joe's "General Tso" sauce, soy sauce, & a touch of chicken broth.

Back
Top Bottom