What's cooking Sunday October 25, 2009?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
shells steaks is all i know at the moment.

what about you?

i am thinking crab cakes, been on schedule for two weeks, but got passed over cause i am lazy. i bought canned crab, hope it works for cakes. have no clue as to side dishes.

Have some left over roast beef. Might do something with that. If not, it'll be grilled ham and cheese sandwiches. Not sure on sides yet. Guess I'll wait and see what I end up with for the main dish first.

Just decided I'm making a shrimp and crab frittata, ...should be quiche, but there are those pesky pie crusts again. :)

Just got back from the grocery store. Bone-in rib eye was on sale for 5.99

They are so thick they are like a 1-rib roast. I guess we're having rib roast for 2. My special recipe garlic mashed potatoes; I guess a salad.

I'm making chili. It's in the crock-pot. A throw-together thing. I am now out of chili powder. That's another thing to add to the shopping list.

Shell steak grilled on cast iron stovetop grill pan, steamed buttered carrots and mashed taters.

img_858518_0_8ef0aa323a12c6d4ec75d9a7e995b3ce.jpg

Made 5 gallons of chili for co-workers today. It was lots of work. :chef:
I bet they enjoyed it! I remember when I made a big crock-pot full of sloppy joes and brought it to work. That was a lot of fun. They enjoyed it, but I made too much, like I always do.

For the next potluck, I made little sandwiches (tuna and egg salad) and a pasta salad. The sandwiches were gone before some of the people took their lunch breaks.

Back
Top Bottom