What's cooking Sunday Sept 18th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pacanis

Chef Extraordinaire
I've got my big meal figured out for today. In keeping up with my own personal challenge, making a food that the city of the team the Browns (my football team) are playing is known for, this Sunday it will be a breaded pork tenderloin sandwich. A popular sandwich in Indianapolis. I may also make a small corn casserole, something else Indiana is known for.

Before that it will be a big breakfast though :chef:

Alix, REALLY?!? Lemon pepper. You really are Lemon Lady!

Although, I don't know why you use lime juice on your chicken instead of, hmmm I don't know.....LEMON!!!

Hey, I have seven lemons in my fridge right now... that's a LOT for me. Alix must have a lemon tree though. I bought six lemons yesterday to try out the ground lamb recipe someone posted. Kayelle maybe. I've got it printed out somewhere.

Hi- Does anyone know a recipe for how to make Gravy similar to Pillsbury's Homestyle Gravy Mix that was discontinued?

Hi Kathy....I've never used it, but it appears to be just a basic commercial brown gravy....If I were you I would make a roux based gravy....(flour browned in a fat)...Hopefully a fat where your protein was cooked...chicken, pork chops etc. I would add a little finely diced onion (maybe some bell pepper) to the roux for a few minutes, and then add water...A stock would be much better for flavor....Chicken, pork, beef, etc. ~~ Salt, pepper, garlic and any other herb/spice you like would round it out....Hope this Helps....

PS....And yours will be better then Pillsbury!!!:chef:

Last edited:
Leftovers tonight!

BBQ'd spareribs, antipasto salad and a cobb salad with watermelon for desert.

I made so much yesterday that I have half of it left for tonight!

Lot's of Stub's Spicy on the ribs. Yum city! :pig:

I will be making my spaghetti sauce today with meatballs and Italian sausage, but I I'll serve veal parmigiana with spaghetti and save the meatballs and sausage for another meal. This shall be accompanied by Boudin sourdough bread and butter and a 2008 Collezione Di Paolo Chianti

The little brown-eyed girl wanted Country Captain (My Way) So....that's it!
Some smashed and bashed Cauliflower.....
Green beans with Tasso....
Homemade Ice Cream...made with Splenda.

We'll be doing left overs here. I'm going to the local PBS station to answer phones for their annual fund drive this evening so it'll be easy to just warm up something.

Homemade Ice Cream...made with Splenda.

Did it work out OK? Anxiously awaiting the verdict.

Andy and pacanis...OK so I have a little lemon problem. I don't think its worth seeking therapy yet. I do wish I could have a lemon tree though. That would be fantastic! I am so envious when someone posts about their meyer lemon tree going nuts. (Kayelle was that you?)

You did notice that dessert is sans lemon right? ;)

Alix said:
Did it work out OK? Anxiously awaiting the verdict.

We liked it!! The little brown-eyed girl made her usual French Vanilla Custard....Sans sugar an Condensed Milk...We only made a small amount...maybe a quart...Froze it in this thing-a-ma-jiggy that you put in your freezer over night...Pour in the cold custard,,,,and turn it every couple of minutes....It got firm soft serve frozen....After taking the dasher out and licking....er I mean scraping it off we put the whole thing in the freezer...it firmed up nicely....Not very sweet,,,but sweet enough....texture not quite as smooth had it been regular ice cream....For someone looking to cut Carbs...avoiding refined sugar, etc. It was a winner.

...You did notice that dessert is sans lemon right? ;)

So you say. A spritz of lemon juice would sure brighten up the raspberry flavor and also add a nice tartness to the cheesecake.

Not to mention the lemon in the chicken dish and in the veggie side.

Of course you don't have a problem. You can quit anytime you want...

Have you resorted to hiding lemons in the back of the vegetable bin? Bottles of lemon juice behind the bookcase?

..Have you resorted to hiding lemons in the back of the vegetable bin? Bottles of lemon juice behind the bookcase?

I can see Alix taking it a step further, or should I say 12 steps further ;) and painting the lemons green to resemble limes.

:LOL:

Andy and pacanis...OK so I have a little lemon problem. I don't think its worth seeking therapy yet. I do wish I could have a lemon tree though. That would be fantastic! I am so envious when someone posts about their meyer lemon tree going nuts. (Kayelle was that you?)

Dat would be me, Alix. ;) Love that little tree.

Pac, I can't wait for you to try that recipe. Glad you bought enough lemons for it. :chef:

I'm not really sitting here....I'm packing my bags and leaving on a jet plane tonight for eastern Canada and New England.
If there's any dinner at this house, it will be delivered. :mellow:
Turning out the lights in the kitchen till Oct. 5th.

:flowers: I'll miss you guys!

Back
Top Bottom