Whats cooking Sunday September 20,2009?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
If the eye round roast i took out last night is thawed in time dinner will be eye round roast, baked taters with sour cream and chives (maybe yorkshire pudding hubs request), burgundy gravy, spinach, carrots and apple crisp for dessert. if the roast isn't thawed in time ummmmmm well i will have to think of a plan B.

whats cooking by you?

I was planning on having my newest creation, but my youngest grandson was admitted in the hospital last night, so dinner is on hold for now.

Smells like Thanksgiving Chicken and Rice
Green Beans/Carrots
Yeast Rolls
Banana Split Cake

We still my have the meal, as it is quick to fix, but the cake is definitely on hold for another time.

Patty, I hope your grandson is okay, and your meal sounds marvelous!

For lunch, which is our main meal, I think I am going to do smothered omelets. I took this from a local brunch restaurant a few years ago. The omelet has sausage, ham, onions, mixed peppers, mushrooms for DH and I, and cheese (whatever I have which right now is cheddar and mozza). Then you "smother it" with hollandaise sauce. I make a light hollandaise and it works just fine. My guys love it, and so do I! It will be served with homemade hashbrowns and rye toast.

Clean out the fridge night. We have bits of:

Stroganoff
Pork tenderloin
Spaghetti
Chicken soup
Pasta
Oven roasted Potatoes
apple crisp
homemade vanilla ice cream
oatmeal choc chip cookies

I'm pretty sure everyone can find a full meal out of that. I'll make another giant salad to go with and put out a fruit plate to balance all the protein and carbs.

Lunch: Jja Jang Myun (Korean Noodles with Black Bean Sauce) and Tonkatsu (pork cutlet).

3938005396_5b41e32686.jpg

Clean out the fridge night. We have bits of:

Stroganoff
Pork tenderloin
Spaghetti
Chicken soup
Pasta
Oven roasted Potatoes
apple crisp
homemade vanilla ice cream
oatmeal choc chip cookies

I'm pretty sure everyone can find a full meal out of that. I'll make another giant salad to go with and put out a fruit plate to balance all the protein and carbs.
well you got dinner and dessert covered!!

we don't usually have left overs and if so never enough for a meal for 4 people. unless i make homemade chicken soup or chili. :(

Home made pizza night... gonna start on the crusts soon. And we better get to the store before it snows!!! (Went sailing yesterday, sunburned on the lake, and we are to get 1-3 inches of snow tonight! ahhh, Wyoming!)

We started the day with Sunday Brunch:

Poached eggs, bacon and toasted sour dough bread.

img_851493_0_66653df1c488a7a2cc7990240ce5af10.jpg

Home made pizza night... gonna start on the crusts soon. And we better get to the store before it snows!!! (Went sailing yesterday, sunburned on the lake, and we are to get 1-3 inches of snow tonight! ahhh, Wyoming!)

Oh my goodness do I sympathize. We've had blisteringly hot temps all last week and now I'm in a sweater.

For lunch, which is our main meal, I think I am going to do smothered omelets...served with homemade hashbrowns and rye toast.

Okay, total change when DH said he was really in the mood for pancakes. So, buttermilk pancakes, hashbrowns, back bacon and rye toast....on second thought, it isn't that much of a change!

For dinner tonight Dad and I will have sausage rolls and salad.

Dinner tonight by request of my 11yo son, Fried chicken - I use Smart Balance oil - sauteed cabbage, yellow rice and buttermilk biscuits. Okay gotta go finish dinner.

Eye round roast, potatoes and apple crisp are in the oven.

img_851543_0_1801311c462c1b53b380a7e24178eb59.jpg

img_851543_1_89d3581ded860cf5cb925c364f0da3d5.jpg

Tonight will be a recipe I haven't made in a long time. I was skimming through some old recipes and saw it the other day so it's on the menu for tonight:

Chicken breasts rolled up with prosciutto, provolone and sage and served with a marsala cream sauce.

Dessert will be apple squares with vanilla ice cream. I make this apple squares recipe instead of apple crisp because I never got used to the oatmeal on top. Besides, it's so delicious and so darn easy even I can't screw it up.

have pork short ribs in crockpot. don't know what direction i will take when they are done. maybe tacos, maybe as is with potatoes, etc. i think oven fried eggplant would be good with em.

last night i made oven fried zucchini . lordy they were just super. i did two med. ones and ate it all.

Dinner:

Eye round roasted to internal temp of 120°F.

img_851565_0_e4770d09e8f2a6a49439e5e68592c710.jpg

img_851565_1_83bb4e5a5e8bdd1410f9a11cf7a40bb1.jpg

Dinner is served Eye round roast, baked potato topped with sour cream and chives, buttered spinach and burgundy gravy.

img_851565_2_cedbdded00b3662e609c01ef716f003f.jpg

Dessert was apple crisp topped with whipped cream.

img_851565_3_9eb6e79df9e4f130625cfd962f40b86a.jpg

Dinner:

Eye round roasted to internal temp of 120°F.

img_851672_0_e4770d09e8f2a6a49439e5e68592c710.jpg

img_851672_1_83bb4e5a5e8bdd1410f9a11cf7a40bb1.jpg

Dinner is served Eye round roast, baked potato topped with sour cream and chives, buttered spinach and burgundy gravy.

img_851672_2_cedbdded00b3662e609c01ef716f003f.jpg

Dessert was apple crisp topped with whipped cream.

img_851672_3_9eb6e79df9e4f130625cfd962f40b86a.jpg
WOW, what a dinner. You have enough meat there for two families!! :LOL: Looks done perfectly.. for me! :ermm:

Market had lovely wild Alaskan salmon filets, so I picked up a couple & just baked them with butter, lemon, & chopped fresh dill. Served with round zucchini halves stuffed with orzo pasta & chopped fresh veggies.

WOW, what a dinner. You have enough meat there for two families!! :LOL: Looks done perfectly.. for me! :ermm:
thank you VB. that was a 3 lb or just under 3 lb roast. 4 people (2 kids, my hub and i) ate dinner and there is just enough for another meal. slicing thin also makes the difference, it makes people think they are getting more. trick i picked up working at the deli is the deli slice, fold and pile of the meat. LOL

Back
Top Bottom