What's cooking Sunday September 6, 2009?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
i wish everyone a happy, safe and fun day/holiday!! share food and love with family and friends.

i am not sure what dinner will be but Breakfast was fried potatoes, green bell peppers and onions, eggs added to pan and scrambled.

img_849160_0_3def82a81355cc0058e507d93ed6d1d0.jpg

img_849160_1_51402b0702bdce6239104e0a6a074ba6.jpg

what do you have planned?

I'm thinking I'll bake a loaf of ABin5 french bread and then make french bread pizza, along with a garden salad.

Spaghetti carbonara tonight. I'll do some green beans maybe as well, and a caesar salad. Dessert is vanilla pound cake with raspberry sauce.

A carne asada/fajita/bbq fusion marinated thin steak, sliced thin.
Served on warm tortillas with my version of Mexican rice.

Dinner:

Brie stuffed burger on poppy seed roll and a bed of red leaf lettuce topped with Tabasco spicey ketchup, smoked gouda and pickle chips. Pan fried potatoes seasoned with McCormick Garlic Pepper Blend Grinder (garlic, sea salt, black pepper, red and green bell pepper) and Montréal Steak Seasoning Grill Mate Grinder.

img_849248_0_3e47577c094082cf72ca8086517db414.jpg

img_849248_1_f3c220891d96f248cb4562c6f6bd7672.jpg

img_849248_2_ed62350a1ffb88c5687869254abf6f6a.jpg

Dessert:

Devils Food Cake

img_849291_0_37c1aa9df6b64a71b3cff4fba12bb7df.jpg

Whipped cream, sliced banana and sliced strawberry in the middle.

img_849291_1_a9d647bc188abfe312cc4ee5ea8a139a.jpg

img_849291_2_dd421e3fe66d023a7e6cb0f3086d2f60.jpg

Cherry topping, whipped cream and flaked coconut on top.

img_849291_3_97c0d627d1f3975d8133553dd40e8bcf.jpg

My daughter had just cherry topping and sliced banana on top.

img_849291_4_fc664acb01497fa1e1fdf969d52e8dfe.jpg

That dessert looks good, msmofet! I'm not sure if I could have handled the layered one. I think I might have had what your daughter enjoyed. That looks like a very dark chocolate cake... YUM!

That dessert looks good, msmofet! I'm not sure if I could have handled the layered one. I think I might have had what your daughter enjoyed. That looks like a very dark chocolate cake... YUM!
thank you VB. it was perfect dessert after the brie stuffed burgers. thats Katie's Black Devils Food Cake as my canvas. it is so moist and rich in chocolate flavor. it is the perfect foundation for dessert heaven!!

the layered one was hubs and my little ones, the second one was my older girls and i had it plain (1.0) but will be having 2.0 today!! LOL

i am so happy my oven works again!!

thank you VB. it was perfect dessert after the brie stuffed burgers. thats Katie's Black Devils Food Cake as my canvas. it is so moist and rich in chocolate flavor. it is the perfect foundation for dessert heaven!!

the layered one was hubs and my little ones, the second one was my older girls and i had it plain (1.0) but will be having 2.0 today!! LOL

i am so happy my oven works again!!
Must be nice.... Mine isn't up to par at the moment. I can still use it though, suprisingly. One of the heating elements is gone in it. If I preheat it to 500, it adjusts to a perfect 375. I've done a couple things in there... and they came out alright. As far as cakes, I wouldn't dare. lol

I guess it could be worse.... and just be left with a microwave, crock-pots and Foreman grill. Though, you probably could make an amazing meal with those three or two put together.

Must be nice.... Mine isn't up to par at the moment. I can still use it though, suprisingly. One of the heating elements is gone in it. If I preheat it to 500, it adjusts to a perfect 375. I've done a couple things in there... and they came out alright. As far as cakes, I wouldn't dare. lol

I guess it could be worse.... and just be left with a microwave, crock-pots and Foreman grill. Though, you probably could make an amazing meal with those three or two put together.

awwwwwwwwwwwwww can't you get it repaired?

awwwwwwwwwwwwww can't you get it repaired?
I live in an apartment. We are waiting on maintenance. It's a holiday weekend, so it will probably be tomorrow.... It's not unbearable.... just have to adjust until it gets repaired or replaced.

A few years back, we lost electricity in this part of WA state for almost 3 days... I almost to a point of cooking in the fireplace.... that was unbearable.

I live in an apartment. We are waiting on maintenance. It's a holiday weekend, so it will probably be tomorrow.... It's not unbearable.... just have to adjust until it gets repaired or replaced.

A few years back, we lost electricity in this part of WA state for almost 3 days... I almost to a point of cooking in the fireplace.... that was unbearable.
that stinks!! that would probably have been some good food coming out of the fireplace!! do you have cast iron cookware? a PITA but would have been fantastic.

we lost electric for 4 days after hurricane floyd. my stove/oven was gas with electric ignite but i could light the stovetop with a match but not the oven but that was ok. the biggest worry was the use of candles and oil lamps with little ones around.

that stinks!! that would probably have been some good food coming out of the fireplace!! do you have cast iron cookware? a PITA but would have been fantastic.

we lost electric for 4 days after hurricane floyd. my stove/oven was gas with electric ignite but i could light the stovetop with a match but not the oven but that was ok. the biggest worry was the use of candles and oil lamps with little ones around.

That is one good thing, I can still use my stove-top.

That is one good thing, I can still use my stove-top.
oh cool i had thought your whole unit was electric for some reason.

btw what did you think of the brie stuffed burger with smoked gouda on top? i never made this combo before it was pretty interesting. espcially with the hot/spicey ketchup. my hub and younger daughter went out to check on halloween stuff. i asked him to pick my up some more bottles of Tabasco ketchup, Tabasco mustard and Tabasco olives. have you tried the tabasco condiments? they are quick and good when you don't want to fuss mixing it up yourself.

Last night we had cast-iron-pan-seared sea scallops - each scallop topped with a dollop of fresh homemade basil pesto. Served with tiny little baby green & yellow pattypan squash & a green salad. Lovely.

Back
Top Bottom