What's cooking Sunday the 22nd?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm roasting a very large chicken this evening. It will be dinner tonight for 2, and then there will be two chicken "redo's" later this week for dinners.

Making rice and what ever veg I pull out of the freezer as sides.

Taco salad with radish greens and lettuce volunteers that overwintered.

Cornish Hens on the grill
Herbed brown/wild rice
Corn on the cob
Salad w/ toasted chick peas, cukes, tomatoes and shaved assiago

For 12.

The hot dogs were awesome. I fixed two Chicago style and one with some homemade relish... on New England style buns using KA's recipe. I'm sure I'll do a do-over tomorrow for lunch or dinner.

After a long morning and afternoon of revelry and ceremony as my youngest accepted his BA in Psychology at UVA, we went to Aberdeen Barn. I had a petit filet mignon with broiled scallops, salad, baked potato with butter and sour cream. It was delish! My boys each got a tenderloin and my sweetie got a prime rib. Ate too much but it was the only real meal today. I don't count the cinnamon roll with my coffee or the almond joy bar with my water meals.

The steak, potatoes, and broccoli hit the spot. I had read in one of my old Cuisine magazines to cook cauliflower in milk to "kill" the strong taste. I do that with corn on the cob to draw out the sugar. So, I tried it with the broccoli. It might have just been because I'm tired, but I swear the flavor was "sweeter" and the texture more tender. Does anyone cook broccoli/cabbage/cauliflower in milk? And if so, why?

Back
Top Bottom