"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 05-22-2011, 02:35 AM   #1
Executive Chef

What's cooking Sunday the 22nd?

The pork butt is ready to go in the smoker, my kid brother came with a large live cromer crab and the Gravadlax is ready.
I will post some pics later.
Ps the crab is more attractive than the last crustacean he turned up with last week.

Old 05-22-2011, 07:29 AM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

Grilled salmon with a rhubarb sauce...haven't figured out the veggies yet. Waiting for the DH to arrive. He's bringing lettuce from the garden and whatever he can score at the local produce store...I'm hoping for aspargus...

Old 05-22-2011, 07:43 AM   #3
Executive Chef

chicken curry over brown rice w peas.
Old 05-22-2011, 07:48 AM   #4
Head Chef

Either an antipasti of marinated seafood salad, marinated mushrooms, and prosciutto-wrapped melon or grilled asparagus (whichever looks better at store) OR a roasted chicken florentine pasta casserole recipe that was in our local grocery store's ad this past week. We did our grocery shopping yesterday but someone forgot to look at the asparagus and melon while I was stuck at the deli counter waiting to get our prosciutto and meats/cheese for a chef's salad later in the week. So, depends on whether he feels like going back to store today or wants to wait until tomorrow.
Old 05-22-2011, 08:23 AM   #5
Senior Cook

Good morning,

Today's dinner will be a traditional Italian Sunday gravy with meatballs, bracciole, and pork. It will be served over penne pasta and we'll have escarole sauteed in oil and garlic on the side.

Enjoy the day
Old 05-22-2011, 08:53 AM   #6
Executive Chef

I have a rare Sunday off, so I am thinking about getting the smoker going to do up some giant back ribs I just pulled from the freezer last night. Or, I may use the indirect method on my gas grill.
Old 05-22-2011, 09:13 AM   #7
Chef Extraordinaire

Cancel dinner--the van is going to the shop--unless he calls me back and tells me he can't get the filters, etc. at Canadian Tire. I have nothing to do at the shop, so I'm taking DH's truck and I'm going to shop while he diagnoses what's wrong--then I'll come back to the farm. Since he's not coming out to the farm and I have to work tomorrow (downside of having clients outside of Canada--I know it's the May long weekend--I get mine next week), I am putting the salmon with rhubarb on hold. Maybe I'll have ice cream, again. This weekend has not been fun, yet.

This having more than one house can be a real pain at times. I spend most of my time at the farm because of the garden. He spends most of his time at the "other" house because that is where all his machining equipment lives.
Old 05-22-2011, 09:25 AM   #8
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlechef View Post
Good morning,

Today's dinner will be a traditional Italian Sunday gravy with meatballs, bracciole, and pork. It will be served over penne pasta and we'll have escarole sauteed in oil and garlic on the side.

Enjoy the day
I can just imagine the delicious sandwiches you'll be enjoying tomorrow with the leftover meats!
Old 05-22-2011, 09:27 AM   #9
Senior Cook

I have some boneless chicken breasts marinating in v-8 juice, oil and chopped garlic. I'll grill them later and make a homemade guacamole for them (avocado, lime juice, serrano, green onion, s&p). With that I'll do some corn on the cobb with a chili butter.
Old 05-22-2011, 09:28 AM   #10
Chef Extraordinaire

I'm thinking hot dogs.

Tags
cooking