What's cooking TGIFriday August 14, 2009?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
i am going to make cheese burgers and left over mushroom soup.
whats cooking at your house?

Something with ground beef. Its cold and nasty out so something stick to your ribsish. Chili? Goulash? Meatballs and gravy? I might even get to try those butterscotch brownies of Chopstix.

I just brought to the house a lot of broccoli (guess those spring plants are not done yet:blush:), some potatoes, some parsley and basil for pesto.....so of course, I am having

more corn on the cob:)

I just brought to the house a lot of broccoli (guess those spring plants are not done yet:blush:), some potatoes, some parsley and basil for pesto.....so of course, I am having

more corn on the cob:)
:LOL::LOL:

Just going out to the supermarket to get all the ingredients for the weekends cooking so I'll let you know what I decided on when I'm back :D

Tonight is going to be wonderful fresh tuna steaks - either pan-seared or broiled (haven't decided yet if & how I'm going to marinate them), accompanied by tiny little buttered baby pattypan squash & buttered marble-size baby potatoes.

homemade chicken tacos! Depending how energetic I'm feeling this afternoon, I'll make the corn tortillas from scratch and cook them up "puffy" style. If laziness wins, I may just run to the market for some pre-made corn and / or flour tortillas.

some grilled seasoned corn on the cob sounds good too. :)

For Mark, hot dogs and tater-tots.

Me, I'm not sure. I'm thinking a ham wrap with tomato, lettuce, onion and mustard in a flour tortilla.... chips or something on the side.

I decided on roasted turkey breast coated with a mustard mayonnaise and served with fusilli tossed in a herb lemon butter.

img_845111_0_ad7f7eeb628958a55140854b43f1dd28.jpg

img_845111_1_0aa2b72223db313d71f4d5b0c5eaaca9.jpg

It's 7:45pm and I still haven't decided:ermm:
Maybe a soft shell crab or some seared scallops, orrrrr maybe I'll just settle on some pub grub.

Ratatouille (I got a little carried away at the farmer's market and had to burn up a lot of vegetables).

Attachments

• DSC_0008.jpg
    DSC_0008.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 174
Salisbury steak with mashed potatoes, onion gravy and salad. Topped off with cookies fresh out of the oven!

Back
Top Bottom