What's cooking TGIFriday May 14, 2010?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
chicken cutlets, mushrooms, almonds, fresh string beans, baby spinach, baby spring greens and a tomato. I will use some or all for dinner tonight.

1 of 2 dinners for tonite-
-salmon fillets
(poached in court-boullion), brushed-on citrus/herb reduction
-thin pasta & pesto
-roasted carrot (olive oil/sage/rosemary/thyme)
-creamed fennel/leek

or-
-very thin skillet steaks fried in butter/pepper, then a sprinkle of salt & a splash of worcestershire
-roasted grape tomato (olive oil/salt/sage/rosemary/thyme) or sliced multi-colored tomato, salted/peppered
-scallion curls, salted
-french-cut seasoned grn. bns.
-smushed red potato or baked potato
-sliced 'shrooms in butter/oregano/minced garlic/salt/pepper
-buttered bread

1 of 2 dinners for tonite-
-salmon fillets
(poached in court-boullion), brushed-on citrus/herb reduction
-thin pasta & pesto
-roasted carrot (olive oil/sage/rosemary/thyme)
-creamed fennel/leek

or-
-very thin skillet steaks fried in butter/pepper, then a sprinkle of salt & a splash of worcestershire
-roasted grape tomato (olive oil/salt/sage/rosemary/thyme) or sliced multi-colored tomato, salted/peppered
-scallion curls, salted
-french-cut seasoned grn. bns.
-smushed red potato or baked potato
-sliced 'shrooms in butter/oregano/minced garlic/salt/pepper
-buttered bread

yummy!! i have alot of the same ingredients you have tonight. i was thinking of a brown rice pilaf with the mushrooms, leeks and chicken broth. was going to make chicken parm but now i am rethinking it.

I just posted all mine in luvs weekend thread but I think I can do it twice without cramping my fingers yet. ;)

GIANT ham, cheesy scalloped potatoes, coleslaw (vinegar dressing), steamed beans and a LOT of wine and other assorted booze. I am considering adding a potato salad too. I've already got some baby potatoes to use up, and some hard boiled eggs done, its mostly done already!

chicken cutlets, mushrooms, almonds, fresh string beans, baby spinach, baby spring greens and a tomato. I will use some or all for dinner tonight.
the chicken will have to wait till tomorrow.

Dinner was scrambled eggs with onions, red and green bell peppers added. On the side sliced tomatoes seasoned with my herb and spice blend grinder and oregano.

img_896225_0_31c976b757bc73011bc3129c7f89d749.jpg

I just posted all mine in luvs weekend thread but I think I can do it twice without cramping my fingers yet. ;)

GIANT ham, cheesy scalloped potatoes, coleslaw (vinegar dressing), steamed beans and a LOT of wine and other assorted booze. I am considering adding a potato salad too. I've already got some baby potatoes to use up, and some hard boiled eggs done, its mostly done already!
i would love that!! love scalloped taters!! are there pics?

just had the last piece of the bread my daughter brought me as the first course, slathered with garlic butter i made today. gonna sauté some scallops with paprika and pepper. a nice salad with greens, tomato, and some crisp tender broccoli on it. a baked potato probably only half with the garlic butter and sour cream.

YUMMY!! what did you put in the meatballs?
breadcrumbs, minced garlic, minced onion, italian dressing (yes, and it's very good) parmesan cheese and ground beef. I didn't add an egg and it came out just fine!

forgot to add, ketchup on top.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom