What's cooking TGIFriday May 21, 2010?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
I'm not quite sure yet but it will probably involve chicken cutlet and corn on the cob.

Whats cooking at your place?

SO is taking me to dinner tonight. I get to pick the restaurant (low budget) from among local restaurants.

I have to work tonight so I'll be leaving something for the family. Last night was clean out the fridge night so we are ready to start fresh. I think maybe either creamy lemon chicken or chicken cacciatore. They'll get a big salad too and likely pasta to go with. I'm in the mood to bake and I feel like doing pie. Going to be rhubarb or apple I think. My rhubarb is up and bushy, and I have a lot of apples that aren't moving in my house. Uhoh...I think I also have some bananas that might be dying too.

word has gotten out that dh best tolerates only meats and breads, so we have been given a wide selection of local meats. It has gotten to the point that I just open the freezer and remove the top package....yesterday it was bulk pork sausage, so today it will be sausage patties and sweet potatoes, and bread

I'm supposed to make pizza but I forgt to take the dough out of the freezer so unless WalMat has some dough, I'm not sure.

meat loaf, stuffing (home made croûtons,etc) green beans, corn, home made dinner rolls. and for dessert a pound cake with lemon pudding sauce. granddaughter coming for dinner with her boy friend.

change of dinner plans!! i ran errands and skipped lunch. I picked up rolls, genoa salami and provolone cheese. that will be a late lunch me. early dinner for hub and the girls. Later I will have something lite, probably scrambled eggs with salami in them and sliced tomato on the side.

I made grilled soft shell crabs served on toast, corn grilled in the husk, some store potato salad and some sliced tomatoes.

My shift got cancelled tonight! I ended up cleaning out my OWN closets today and never got to making the pie (poop!) but now have beautiful tidy storage areas. I was so tired when I finished I just boiled some perohe and fried some sausage. We added a green salad for some color and called it done.

Whooo hooo! I got the last 2 packages of pizza dough at WalMart so we DID have pizza for dinner! With fresh basil from the herb garden. :flowers:

Layered tomato and mozzarella slices with fresh basil chiffonade, baby spinach and hard boiled egg slices, genoa salami and provolone pinwheels. All dressed with homemade balsamic vinaigrette.

img_897601_0_f4ebb6a932c5a8021f721ec251b5f472.jpg

Been running back and forth to the hospital (Dad has been there for a week and there is no quick end in site) and grabbing quick things either out or at home. But tonight I had to go to the grocery store and just had a craving for a good solid meal. I can't believe it but I ate an 8 oz striploin with a load of mushrooms and asparagus. I cooked everything in the same pan and it was absolutely delish. So I ended up cooking more mushrooms and asparagus with a little Old Bay thrown in. I think I will build up my strength again!

Been running back and forth to the hospital (Dad has been there for a week and there is no quick end in site) and grabbing quick things either out or at home. But tonight I had to go to the grocery store and just had a craving for a good solid meal. I can't believe it but I ate an 8 oz striploin with a load of mushrooms and asparagus. I cooked everything in the same pan and it was absolutely delish. So I ended up cooking more mushrooms and asparagus with a little Old Bay thrown in. I think I will build up my strength again!
I hope your dad gets better soon LP. you have to keep healthy! eat more of your cooking. you and dad will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Last night hubby brought home some sushi & sashimi from Wegmans, & I served it along with some chicken potstickers & spicy soy hot sesame oil dipping sauce.

Back
Top Bottom