What's cooking this St. Patrick's Day? Sat. 3/17/12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Baileys Irish Cream Cheesecake is divine too ! I shall have to try the Guiness chocolate one. Thanks for the post.

The lunch was delicious however, heavy. I do lean toward Mediterranean however, we had a colleague of mine with her gent so I followed the rituals.

Have a great day. We are ready to go for a café at Charly´s a lovely café close to loft.

Nice chatting with u.

Until tomorrow Margi.

My friend was gone so long today that I was never able to confirm about this evening, so I will be cooking the corned beef and cabbage tomorrow for James and me. This evening we will be going to our friends' house for ??? She mentioned hot dogs, but she never knows for sure what she will make until she starts cooking. :cool: I do know what dessert will be though. She made a German Chocolate cake for me yesterday because I didn't get one for my last birthday, and we will have more of that tonight.

Last edited:
Rye Whiskey....
Fried Speckled Trout & Catfish filets......
Greens & Roots.....
Corn Bread Pone......
Sweet Potato Fries......
Chocolate Ice Cream...........

I bought a whole brisket today. Its going in the brine tomorrow and will be ready in about 3 weeks. Hamburgers tonight with steak fries.

I'm on my own tonight. Mark has a family thing. Corned beef is put off 'til the first part of next week. I'm not sure what I'm going to have.

Got the potatoes and carrots into the crock, it just smells divine. Shrek could smell it out in the parking lot.

Dinner @ 7 tonight!

Happy St Patrick's Day everyone !! :mrgreen: I don't appreciate crowds or rowdiness so much. So the parade went on without me. Dinner is thin sliced pastrami with swiss and saurkraut. Pan grilled on light caraway rye. Carmelized frozen peaches to go with vanilla ice cream.

Despite my being Irish, I am making Pizza today, and not something traditionally Irish.

Ive never celebrated St Patricks day much. When I was a kid it was just a day to go to church, whether it was Sunday or not, so I associate it with the opposite of fun.

lol, that's how i was raised, mel. st. pat's day was a day for church, then a family get together at home. not a day for wild partying.

in my late 20's and early 30's, however, i used to "help out" at a pub in nyc owned by a friend. helping out included pushing fist fights out into the street (rather than allow it inside the pub), get pukers to the bathroom instead of letting them throw up where they stood, watch for pick pockets and people stealing money off the bar, look for people carrying weapons, and generally bodyguard the waitresses and my friend from any ill tempered customers.

i sure as heck prefer church and a quiet day at home.

although probably not truly Irish, it has become Irish American for sure: corned beef with root veg and cabbage. I like it several times a year, and make it for St. Pat's day. The house is smelling very nice right now. :)

I'm not a big Patty's Day participant...................

Shrimp Sautee'd in a Sweet & Sour Vegetable Stir-Fry,
over Rice, with Tex-Mex flavored Scallops, and carrot salad

img_1120557_0_ea29b47593ecb765220a646507375d10.jpg

Purposely didn't do corned beef today because we usually have a nice big meal on Sunday, so we'll have corned beef tomorrow.

Tonight I cooked rainbow trout in olive oil/butter and had buttered Italian green beans and corn-on-the-cob as sides. Iced tea to drink and butter pecan ice cream sundaes for dessert.

Been a busy day filled with all sorts of "chores" and viewing of NCAA games.

Took this picture last week. Was to hungry to take pics tonight. LOL

Corned beef, potatoes, cabbage, cabbage salad (raw shredded cabbage & grated carrot dressed with oil, vinegar and spices) and mustard (Trader Joe whole grain Dijon mustard, Tobasco Hot and Spicy mustard and Gulden’s spicy brown mustard)

img_1120595_0_810c8f6844bed9599a3c4c6b34f532c4.jpg

I had picked up some Irish bangers the last time I was at Costco so I made bangers and mash with brown onion gravy and some steamed cabbage.

My dinner was a dud.:glare: Smelled good, tasted...bland and everything tasted the same. Oh well, can't win them all...think I'll have a popsicle.

No Corned beef and cabbage for us tonight. (Even though we do like it);) Just has some a couple of weeks ago and DH really wanted Swiss(ed) Steak, we will have baby reds with it and maybe some brussells sprouts and green salad. Now that the steak is cooking, I think I might miss the Corned Beef. :(

Had a very un-Irish dinner. Made one of my signature dishes upon hubby's request: pork schnitzel. He likes it so much we usually have it at least once a week. I was feeling pretty lazy, so just made a package of creamy parmesan pasta to go with it. Turned out great.

Back
Top Bottom