"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 08-27-2006, 07:42 PM   #11
Sous Chef

We moved Kiersten back to college this am- it has been pouring all day!!I made a BIG pot of meatballs and sauce (gravy some would call it) with angel hair pasta and garlic bread- I ws just too tired to make the salad!!
All in all I wish I was at kadesmas' for dinner too!;)
Love and energy, Vicki

Old 08-27-2006, 07:55 PM   #12
Master Chef

Your dinner sounds awfully good too, Vicki. I know you're supposed to have salad with spaghetti, but we seldom do. I don't like to get filled up too much for my pasta.

The only thing cooking here tonight is romance. We have leftovers for later.

Old 08-27-2006, 08:46 PM   #13
Senior Cook

We had imitation crab, with stir fried garden veggies - cabbage, green bell pepper, carrots, yellow squash and oninons. Added a little sesame oil and grated ginger and soy sauce and served it over sticky rice.
Old 08-27-2006, 09:27 PM   #14
Master Chef

Just finished eating - ate late due to lots of outdoor chores that were put off due to yesterday's heat/humidity. Today was still hot, but with a slight breeze & less humidity - YAY!!

So cooked up a box of Barilla Plus Rotini pasta (made from whole wheat & legume flours) & tossed it with a sauce consisting of a large bunch of fresh chopped & blanched broccoli raab, lots of chopped garlic, a large ripe diced local tomato, extra virgin olive oil, a package of Hans' Hot/Spicey All Natural Chicken & Fresh Cilantro sausages, sliced & a few dashes of crushed red pepper flakes & salt.

Delicious, & with plenty leftover for a couple of lunches this week!
Old 08-27-2006, 10:04 PM   #15
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiQ
We moved Kiersten back to college this am- it has been pouring all day!!I made a BIG pot of meatballs and sauce (gravy some would call it) with angel hair pasta and garlic bread- I ws just too tired to make the salad!!
All in all I wish I was at kadesmas' for dinner too!;)
Love and energy, Vicki
I wish you were here too Vicki, I'd let you help me chase down the 4 kids After dinner of course!!! Your dinner sounds really good...Now, I'm thinking about making some meat gravy for pasta...Haven't done that in awhile so maybe sometime this week...The boys and Olivia, just kissed me goodby and asked what I was doing, then said to send you hugs

kadesma
Old 08-27-2006, 10:35 PM   #16
Sous Chef

It's Monday here but it's our day off.
We were having hot corned beef with cabbage, potatoes and pumpkin boiled in the C/B water with white sauce. I got up early, grabbed a piece of what I thought was corned beef out of the freezer, put it in the crock pot on low and went back to bed.

Checked it some hours later only to find it was a beef roast Now I don't know what we're having.
Old 08-27-2006, 10:42 PM   #17
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Yahoo to middie
I made bbq pork chops on the grill, bacon cheese twice baked potatoes, and some green beans.
Old 08-27-2006, 11:43 PM   #18
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
Quote:
Originally Posted by attie
It's Monday here but it's our day off.
We were having hot corned beef with cabbage, potatoes and pumpkin boiled in the C/B water with white sauce. I got up early, grabbed a piece of what I thought was corned beef out of the freezer, put it in the crock pot on low and went back to bed.

Checked it some hours later only to find it was a beef roast Now I don't know what we're having.
I know what you're having - beef roast! Just fry that cabbage up in some bacon and still have your other stuff. Question - you mentioned pumpin boiled in C/B water with white sauce - I'm sure I'm going to make a fool out of myself but what is C/B water?

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 12:04 AM   #19
Chef Extraordinaire

pssst, elfie, c/b water = corned beef water

i finally hit the wall, and passed out tonight. i tried to stay up all day. i got home form work about 10:30 this morning, took my boy to the bakery, then all of us went to the new jersey avaition hall of fame and museum, right in vb's neighborhood.
it was pretty cool, but it rained so hard it was difficult to see a lot of the outdoor displays and aircraft.
we had chicken hot dogs for lunch; then i had a buffalo burger with worcestershire sauce and ketchup on the bakery rolls around 4pm.
dw started making broiled chicken and some rice dish around 6, but that's the last thing i remember, except my son tugging at me several times, trying to get me to get up to play. i feel really bad not getting up for him, but i just couldn't stay up anymore.
thankfully, dw picked up the slack and let me sleep. gotta remember to pick up flowers and coffee in the morning.

so now, i'll probably go to up to big nick's burger and pizza joint on 77th and broadway, or empire szechuan/kyoto on 76th and columbus for dinner.
i

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 12:15 AM   #20
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom
i finally hit the wall, and passed out tonight. i tried to stay up all day.
bucky, I totally understand how you feel. Every once in awhile at work I have stayed up for over 24 hours usually when we have a forest fire on the Tahoe NF. I do OK until I stop. Then like you I am done for. Get some good sleep tonight or in the morning if you have to work again tonight.

Theodore Roosevelt
26th president of US (1858 - 1919)
SierraCook is offline   Reply With Quote