"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 10-07-2015, 06:37 PM   #11
Head Chef

Some of Craig's rotisserie chicken from the freezer, spiralized yellow squash and zucchini, with a tomato, hot chili, butter sauce.

Old 10-07-2015, 07:14 PM   #12
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
OK, give it up AB....where do you get low carb ice cream and is it any good? I'm craving ice cream!

I'll be doing a marinated pork tenderloin on the grill and some Tater Tots in the grill basket for the SC. Thanks for that idea Janet! Thanks to you Tenspeed, for the grilled tenderloin idea.

We will both be having glorified green salads.
This is the one that I use.

A scoop of Breyer's Carb Smart, a squirt of Hershey's sugar free syrup and some salted peanuts make a pretty decent low carb sundae.

Breyers® - CarbSmart™ - Vanilla

Old 10-07-2015, 07:21 PM   #13
Master Chef

and another craving crusher is a glass of chocolate almond milk!

I use the Hershey's sugar free chocolate syrup and a cup of Blue Diamond Almond Breeze original unsweetened almond milk with zero net carbs per serving.
Old 10-07-2015, 07:37 PM   #14
Head Chef

Smile

I had a roasted red pepper and boursin in the fridge. So I bought some slices of ham, grilled some halved cherry tomatoes and put them altogether with cooked egg tagliatelle - topped with chopped flat parsley.
Old 10-07-2015, 07:38 PM   #15
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
I did the grocery shopping and pooped myself out. So, we are scrounging tonight. It will be mostly sandwiches, since I bought cold cuts, cheese (double cream brie, Cambazola, and cheddar) , and bread. There may be some lox on bagel, since I also picked up a dozen bagels and some organic, Danish cream cheese. Lox was in the freezer.
Old 10-07-2015, 07:39 PM   #16
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
No, actually, I meant Johnny Marzetti.
Dang! I keep getting those confused!
Old 10-07-2015, 08:15 PM   #17
Master Chef

Quote:
We're having reruns for dinner. Leftover American Chop Suey.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenspeed View Post
You mean goulash?
Quote:
No, actually, I meant Johnny Marzetti.
Yay, you guys CAN be taught!

Andy, every time I see "American Chop Suey" I think of this slop that my Mom would make. She'd cut beef strips like you would use for a stir-fry, cook them to death in a stock pot, then dump in cans of Chung King chow mein fixings. My Dad preferred mashed potatoes over chow mein noodles, and even those creamy tubers had more texture than the "american chop suey". If you didn't look at it, it was OK. Mom was a great cook, but even she prepared a clunker of a meal on occasion - every time she made this.

Dad was thrilled when I acquired a wok and learned to make proper Chinese food.
Old 10-07-2015, 08:23 PM   #18
Master Chef

Thanks for the great ideas AB. I need to drive 10 miles with a little ice chest in tow to get that ice cream, but it will sure be worth it. This little one horse town doesn't carry it.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 08:30 PM   #19
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post

Andy, every time I see "American Chop Suey" I think of this slop that my Mom would make. She'd cut beef strips like you would use for a stir-fry, cook them to death in a stock pot, then dump in cans of Chung King chow mein fixings. My Dad preferred mashed potatoes over chow mein noodles, and even those creamy tubers had more texture than the "american chop suey". If you didn't look at it, it was OK. Mom was a great cook, but even she prepared a clunker of a meal on occasion - every time she made this.

Ykies!! That just made me loose my appetite!

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 08:34 PM   #20
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post

ACS has nothing at all do to with Chinese food, or real chop suey.

Ground beef satued with onion. Add tomato, paste and green bell peppers cook a bit and toss with cooked elbow macaroni.

Tags
cook, cooking