What's cooking Thursday 9-15-2016?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Probably not a lot of inspiration here as most people don't have our main protein laying around in their fridge or freezer, but we're having braised abalone with a bok choy and shitaki mushroom side dish. I'm planning on cooking it in the pressure cooker as I really don't want a heat source on for 4 hours or so in the house.

img_1480098_0_f22d64b966cbacf9f612535a198148b0.jpg

Chicken satay with peanut sauce and rice.

Nice satay, CakePoet!

We get another United Way fundraiser take and bake tonight. Chicken alfredo, with those good Amish noodles, seven layer salad, and some sort of dessert. It's supposed to feed four, but DH and I eat on it for at least a week. I usually repurpose the leftover alfredo into chicken noodle soup.

Mustard and bread crumb coated salmon steaks on the grill, green salad, and broccoli and pasta with ricotta. Di Reston posted the broc and pasta recipe a short while back and it sounded interesting. Ricotta was listed as "to taste", so I'll work my way through it. Guessing that I'll start with a quarter cup or so and increase from there.

I'm having a taco salad. Just got the ground beef browned and seasoned.

Good looking chicken satay, CakePoet. :)

I've never made chicken satay, CakePoet, but yours does look good. It's on my bucket list of foods to make at least once.

A rotisserie chicken followed me home from grocery shopping yesterday. :ermm: Yup, that's my story, and I'm sticking to it! I'll saute various farmers' market squash to go with, along with a micro-"baked" potato for each of us. Haven't had baked potatoes in ages and I actually have a taste for one. What the cook wants, the two of us eat. ;)

For dinner tonight, we will have chicken, green beans from the farmers market, and probably leftover polents. Not sure how exactly I'll cook it all, but that's what I have to work with :)

Pork chops
Cabbage and apple slaw
Swedish brown beans - these were cooked last night but needed to 'rest' prior to eating
dense, dark Rye bread - coming out of the oven soon-ish.

My kitchen smells amazing right now :)

The Satay sauce wasnt hard to make, if you have a blender it goes quickly.

Janet H: You can keep the beans, that is one Swedish dish I cant stomach. I do not like it at all.

Last edited:
That's out last men of the week, chiickdn satay and noodle salad.

And that's what happens when you try to type something out on your phone keyboard and don't double check it. What I meant was

That's our last menu of the week, chicken satay and noodle salad.

Back
Top Bottom