What's cooking, Thursday, Aug. 13th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am cooking a beef roast. Probably roasted potatoes and carrots and salad.

Mmmmmmmm sounds good :) I miss my mums roast beef and yorkshire puddings :rolleyes:

The bread

img_844832_0_7fc47248f1025546223a151686d6ceb6.jpg

And the sausage and peppers

img_844832_1_e5005bcbd8548b350af2dca50dd24487.jpg

All looking very nice Bourbon........I'm dunking the bread into that sausage and peppers as I type :LOL:

I didn't cook anything for dinner tonight as I took out my fiancee and her mum for dinner. Starlite Diner was the venue and I had a cowboy burger with crinkle fries and coleslaw......yummy :D

mexican wings (uses tortilla chips ground up for coating) also are dipped in an oil and spice mix.then crumbs. chili relleno casserole. layers of chili peppers, cheese . an mixture of eggs, half and half and flour poured on. tomato sauce on top. to hot to taste. corn salsa i made yesterday so flavor could mingle. it is just a tad hot for me but son will love it. missed spelled the casserole and spell check is not help

Dinner is served

cream of wild mushroom soup, stuffed tomato and hebrew national franks in (puff pastry) blankets (not pictured).

Oh my goodness, I better not see my husband see that. He loves HN polish dogs but since all the problems with Mad Cow disease and the US and Canada not wanting each other's meat, we can't get them any more. He used to have a polish dog at Costco every time we went there. I liked them too but he really misses them.

Clean out the fridge Fried Rice. Mushrooms, Green Onions, red bell pepper, bacon, zucchini, egg, soy sauce and seasame oil.

3005h7k.jpg

Dinner is served

cream of wild mushroom soup, stuffed tomato and hebrew national franks in (puff pastry) blankets (not pictured).

Cream of Wild Mushroom Soup (Click here for recipe)

img_844864_0_8c14bebed13b9703f06f35a51946eed6.jpg

Stuffed Tomato

img_844864_1_7d4ecd2f9ba2e3c171e5b9aa75fbae5d.jpg

img_844864_2_e65d0486d6d7bb0a9b7202a1a8ec5730.jpg

img_844864_3_9b12402b12589719bb483485b88aa2f4.jpg
What a comfort meal!! I might file this kind of dinner away for the Fall. Perfect meal for a crisp night! Do you have a recipe for the stuffed tomatoes. AND, I wish you had pictured the franks in the pastry!

Mmmmmmmm sounds good :) I miss my mums roast beef and yorkshire puddings :rolleyes:

All looking very nice Bourbon........I'm dunking the bread into that sausage and peppers as I type :LOL:

I didn't cook anything for dinner tonight as I took out my fiancee and her mum for dinner. Starlite Diner was the venue and I had a cowboy burger with crinkle fries and coleslaw......yummy :D
:LOL: We all need a break from cooking! Burgers and fries usually work for me... or pizza! :)

What a comfort meal!! I might file this kind of dinner away for the Fall. Perfect meal for a crisp night! Do you have a recipe for the stuffed tomatoes. AND, I wish you had pictured the franks in the pastry!
thank you!! give me a bit to type up a recipe for the tomatoes.

heres the HN franks.

img_844868_0_1237bc8aadbe904cfbdd2b658e223c79.jpg

i am going to stick a few more in the toaster oven for my daughter. hopefully i will get a picture before they are gone!! LOL

We had pan fried pork chops and asparagus tonight. There is vanilla ice cream in the freezer with my name on it.

Dinner is served

That meal looks perfect for a cold Moscow evening, thanks for sharing msmofet :)

Clean out the fridge Fried Rice. Mushrooms, Green Onions, red bell pepper, bacon, zucchini, egg, soy sauce and seasame oil.

I wish my fridge cleaning could always end with a meal like that :LOL: I can just imagine beef with green peppers in a black bean sauce with that rice :D

:LOL: We all need a break from cooking! Burgers and fries usually work for me... or pizza! :)

Yeah it does you good I think. When I have a break it gives me time to research new things to cook as well. I'm glutten for a big juicy burger I'm afraid :LOL:

Here was our dinner.... salad started things off.

MMmmmmmmmmm I love your pies :D Do you have a recipe for the lid please VB?

Yeah it does you good I think. When I have a break it gives me time to research new things to cook as well. I'm glutten for a big juicy burger I'm afraid :LOL:
So, am I! My favortie fast food burger is the Whopper from Burger King :ermm:. Back in NY, there were two place that had great burgers. One was the mushroom burger (sauteed mushrooms and swiss cheese) at a place called Miley's Irish Pub. Another one is the Uncle Al at a placed called Alfie's. That had sliced ham, lettuce, tomato, onion, thousand island dressing. They also serve that last one with big, thick steak fries. YUM!

MMmmmmmmmmm I love your pies :D Do you have a recipe for the lid please VB?
I didn't measure anything. I just used a biscuit baking mix, a little milk, a little mayonnaise and chopped green onion. The last few times I have made pot pies, I don't measure anything, and they always seem to turn out wonderful! Thank you for the compliment. I wish I could give you an exact recipe, but I don't have one. :neutral:

Back
Top Bottom