What's cooking Thursday February 24 2011?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joesfolk

Head Chef
I had a ton of veggies I wanted to use (trying to get family to eat more of them) so I made a perfectly lovely Lo Mein. There is really just a little noodle in it and a lot of veggies with some ham thrown in to convice the family that it is a main dish. I must say it is really yummy. So much so I had some for breakfast. My family will eat it this evening when I am at work. That is if I don't end up eating it all myself.

Pork chop cordon bleu. I have s couple of thick cut pork chops I will stuff with prosciutto and gruyere cheese and cook. Rice and a veggie for sides.

Lunch was a BLT, some smoked venison sausage and some ABTs. I may just go with a salad for dinner.

Leftover roast chicken, not sure what else I'll be having with it.

Leaving chicken cacciatore for the family tonight. I was going to roast one of my fresh farm chickens but got a call to come and work so that went out the window. It will get done later this week.

Tonight is our Mardi Gras Ball, so I'm sure there will be snacks, at least. I made a turkey breast sandwich with Swiss, I ate half, and am saving the other half for later.

I got the turkey partially disassembled and found a stopping point which ended up with 3 quart bags for the freezer. One drumstick, 2 wings, 1 thigh, I decided I would have plenty of bones for stock from the rest of the carcass, so I decided to leave the bones in these pieces for another stock later on.

The giblet stock went into stuffing, and the drippings gravy. I saved the giblets and the rest of the stock. I'll put the giblets in a baggie, and the stock into an ice tray and freeze them.

I'll take care of the rest of the bird tomorrow, for this afternoon until the Ball at 7pm, I've got floors to clean etc., for inspection tomorrow morning.

Last edited:
I have round steak marinating in BBQ sauce and will have that, potatoes (fried if I get ambitious, baked if not--probably baked!), and probably California blend vegetables. Another reason I may go with baked rather than fried (other than the fact I don't need anything greasy right now) is that I have to make Katie H's "Funeral Cake" tonight (didn't get it done last week and James is getting impatient!) and I have other things to do, and baked is a lot easier! (That's a lot of writing just to basically say steak in BBQ sauce, potato, veggie! LOL).

:)Barbara

didn't get ribs rubbed last night, so those will be for tomorrow. i am craving veggies. so an artichoke, sweet potato fries and crisp green beans. maybe a salad if my lettuce is still good. don't need meat every night.

I am actually super excited for dinner tonight! Green Salad with a homemade tomato dressing, homemade clam chowder with cheddar biscuits and then macaroons with a chocolate ganache for dessert. I have never made my own dressing, soup or macaroons... can't wait to see how they turn out!! :)

Leftover roast chicken, not sure what else I'll be having with it.

Well, I ended up making a HUGE salad and topped it with with some roast chicken, shredded Asiago cheese and sundried tomato vinaigrette. Ritz crackers on the side.

I remembered I had some split pea soup thawing. Soup and a salad. Yep.

Had to be gone most of the day for doctors' appointments, so I threw some sauerkraut, Polish sausage, chopped onions, garlic and applesauce in the crock-pot.

We had homemade pickled beets and mashed potatoes, iced tea and ice cream sundaes to round it out.

We're full and it's raining like crazy here!!!!

You drink a lot of iced tea Katie H. I love iced tea. Do you have a favorite recipe?

Back
Top Bottom