What's cooking Thursday November 12, 2009?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
i had a banana and a glass of ovaltine for breakfast.

tonight will probaly be roasted eye round roast i didn't make last night, baked potatoes with butter, sour cream and chives, burgundy gravy and steamed, buttered carrots. i start work tomorrow so i will have leftovers for lunch tomorrow for myself and my youngest DD.

My favorite food in the world -- SCALLOPS -- has just come into season. I always try to enjoy them as often as possible during the short season for the native bay scallops, which is November through February. This is also dependent upon the waters in the Peconic Bay (here in NY) or in Nantucket Sound. If it's too stormy a winter, there will be few, if any, scallops.

These are NOT the super jumbo ones so evident in fish markets these days.

So tonight we will have Peconic Bay Scallops seared in butter with some mustard Panko, and roasted brussels sprouts and carrots. Happiness. :)

pan seared chicken fettuccine in parmesan cream sauce topped with a chunky tomato sauce. I used heavy cream instead of half and half this time in my cream sauce and was very pleased with the results. very rich and flavorful.

Well, I tried to get The Husband to go along with just the orange marmalade cake I made yesterday for dinner.. But he seems to think he needs real food before dessert. So, I'll make his favorite: chicken fried steak, sour cream mashed potatoes, pepper cream gravy, fresh greenbeans with onions and bacon, and some homemade biscuits. :) And then the cake. Maybe just the cake for me. LOL ;)

Well, I tried to get The Husband to go along with just the orange marmalade cake I made yesterday for dinner.. But he seems to think he needs real food before dessert. So, I'll make his favorite: chicken fried steak, sour cream mashed potatoes, pepper cream gravy, fresh greenbeans with onions and bacon, and some homemade biscuits. :) And then the cake. Maybe just the cake for me. LOL ;)
:chef::LOL::ROFLMAO:

we ate in shifts tonight. my younger daughter had a late day at school (she had to record her segment for the school morning news show) and i had to take my older girl to a job interview. we had salad bar (greens, mushrooms, raw broccoli, raw cauliflower, kalamata and feta stuffed spanish olives, grape tomatoes, sunflower seeds, bacon, cheese and assorted dressings) and rottis turkey breast.

my roast will have to wait.

waited to late to put brats,cabbage,potatoes.onions in crockpot. won't be done til ten pm. most of it will go to my son for his dinner tomorrow night.

so a fast, boring cheeseburger , home made. potatoes chips and a beer. will eat the brats tomorrow night.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom