"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 10-15-2009, 08:25 PM   #11
Master Chef

we had fried potatoes and onions and then threw some beaten eggs on top and scrambled.

Old 10-15-2009, 08:48 PM   #12
Master Chef

I didn't make my cheeseburgers. Someone else wanted something like Hamburger Helper..... so, that is what I made...... for right now

I have a recipe that uses "beef pasta."

Old 10-15-2009, 09:55 PM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
gonna finish up left overs, squash casserole, brussel sprouts, rice, corn bread with cranberry sauce. looking forward to it.
the best laid plans. stopped at grocery store. bought a beautiful piece of spinach quiche. it is about three inches high. just some tomatoes with it. yum
Old 10-15-2009, 10:01 PM   #14
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmofet View Post
we had fried potatoes and onions and then threw some beaten eggs on top and scrambled.
This kicks butt with some super-sharp cheddar.

Even better with some ground sausage as well.

Yeah, I know, kill you with cholesterol. Hey, you only live twice, right?

(Youtube didn't like us publishing full feature length shows....)
TheMetalChef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 11:05 PM   #15
Head Chef

Black bean quesadillas with sauteed garlic, red onion, red pepper, extra sharp cheddar, salsa, lime juice, etc.
Old 10-16-2009, 11:13 AM   #16
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMetalChef View Post
This kicks butt with some super-sharp cheddar.

Even better with some ground sausage as well.

Yeah, I know, kill you with cholesterol. Hey, you only live twice, right?
we did have cheese on top. i have/do put sausage in but i used all the sausage up in my bread. i guess great minds think alike but we all run out sometimes. LOL green pepper, sausage (out of casing) and onion is good also.
Old 10-16-2009, 12:39 PM   #17
Master Chef

Last night we were supposed to go out to dinner & a movie ("Angels With Dirty Faces" (James Cagney/Humphrey Bogart) at the Library of Congress theatre), but poor hubby got held up at work, & that plus his horrendous commute - especially during a rainy rush hour - nixed that.

So I found I had 1/3 box of Tomato Basil flavored penne pasta & 1/3 box of Barilla Plus penne pasta. Cooked both together, drained, & added them to some 1/2 & 1/2 butter/extra-virgin olive oil along with a can of Rotel Mexican Cilantro & Lime flavor tomatoes & chilis, & some cooked sliced Jalapeno Garlic chicken sausages. Served with a green salad. Tasty & quick.
Old 10-16-2009, 08:39 PM   #18
Senior Cook

I ended up firing off my quick & dirty tex-mex chicken & rice.

1 lb. chicken breast meat, cut into 1-inch pieces.
6 oz Mexican chorizo (the fresh stuff that's more like goop in a tube, as opposed to Spanish which you slice)
2 cups medium grain (I like arborio, but it's not a must) rice, cooked, rinsed, and drained.
1 medium onion, minced fine
1 green pepper, minced fine
3 cloves garlic, crushed.
1 T ground cumin
1 T smoked paprika
Few strands of saffron (or if you're a cheapskate like me, about 3 T Mexican Saffron, ground)
1 cup Oaxaca (can be subbed with Jack or extra sharp Cheddar if you prefer) shredded.

Cook down the chorizo over medium heat until it gives up a good bit of grease. Add the onion, garlic, and pepper, cook until the onions are nearly clear. Add the chicken. Once the chicken turns white on the outside (2-3 minutes), add the spices and continue the saute, stirring constantly, for another 3-4 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through. Add the rice and combine thoroughly. Top with the shredded cheese and serve immediately. For those who prefer a bigger kick, add 1 habanero, chopped fine, with the other veggies, or 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes with the other seasonings.

Fast (even with the rice cook time, it's under 30 minutes), easy, and tasty.

(Youtube didn't like us publishing full feature length shows....)
TheMetalChef is offline   Reply With Quote