What's cooking Thursday October 15, 2009?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
not sure yet but probably pasta some way or some kind of breakfast.

what about you?

I have no idea... I need to get something out of the freezer. I'll get back to ya!

Chicken parmigiana, on noodles with salad.

I still have one quarter of my sister's monster apple cheesecake, pumpkin pie and tarts, and chocolate cupcakes. Waaaayyyyy too much dessert!

took out boneless chops. will probably make them with a rice side dish. I really like the Lundberg medium grain brown rice. I'll probably marinate the chops in a store-brand "steak marinade," it's cheap, but we really like it. Not too much soy, or sugar, but just enough. We like in with beef, pork, chicken. Will probably opt for easy canned carrots with honey and ginger. or maybe just marjoram and butter, husband will probably like that better.

i want to make a pot pie (not sure which meat), if the furnace guy gets here and does the yearly service early enough i am go shopping.

changed my mind about the rice, am making a wild rice dressing with whole wheat bread (home made), will use up the leftover potatoes and squash from last night. Maybe "chicken fry" the pork cutlets...

there are 4 people in this house and everyone wants something different!! the furnace guy canceled the appointment due to several emergency no heat calls. it is in the 30's and pouring. i am not going to the store. if we can't decide it will be pb&j!!

we had fried potatoes and onions and then threw some beaten eggs on top and scrambled.

I didn't make my cheeseburgers. Someone else wanted something like Hamburger Helper..... so, that is what I made...... for right now

I have a recipe that uses "beef pasta."

we had fried potatoes and onions and then threw some beaten eggs on top and scrambled.

This kicks butt with some super-sharp cheddar.

Even better with some ground sausage as well.

Yeah, I know, kill you with cholesterol. Hey, you only live twice, right? ;)

Black bean quesadillas with sauteed garlic, red onion, red pepper, extra sharp cheddar, salsa, lime juice, etc.

This kicks butt with some super-sharp cheddar.

Even better with some ground sausage as well.

Yeah, I know, kill you with cholesterol. Hey, you only live twice, right? ;)
we did have cheese on top. i have/do put sausage in but i used all the sausage up in my bread. :LOL: i guess great minds think alike but we all run out sometimes. LOL green pepper, sausage (out of casing) and onion is good also.

Last night we were supposed to go out to dinner & a movie ("Angels With Dirty Faces" (James Cagney/Humphrey Bogart) at the Library of Congress theatre), but poor hubby got held up at work, & that plus his horrendous commute - especially during a rainy rush hour - nixed that.

So I found I had 1/3 box of Tomato Basil flavored penne pasta & 1/3 box of Barilla Plus penne pasta. Cooked both together, drained, & added them to some 1/2 & 1/2 butter/extra-virgin olive oil along with a can of Rotel Mexican Cilantro & Lime flavor tomatoes & chilis, & some cooked sliced Jalapeno Garlic chicken sausages. Served with a green salad. Tasty & quick.

I ended up firing off my quick & dirty tex-mex chicken & rice.

1 lb. chicken breast meat, cut into 1-inch pieces.
6 oz Mexican chorizo (the fresh stuff that's more like goop in a tube, as opposed to Spanish which you slice)
2 cups medium grain (I like arborio, but it's not a must) rice, cooked, rinsed, and drained.
1 medium onion, minced fine
1 green pepper, minced fine
3 cloves garlic, crushed.
1 T ground cumin
1 T smoked paprika
Few strands of saffron (or if you're a cheapskate like me, about 3 T Mexican Saffron, ground)
1 cup Oaxaca (can be subbed with Jack or extra sharp Cheddar if you prefer) shredded.

Cook down the chorizo over medium heat until it gives up a good bit of grease. Add the onion, garlic, and pepper, cook until the onions are nearly clear. Add the chicken. Once the chicken turns white on the outside (2-3 minutes), add the spices and continue the saute, stirring constantly, for another 3-4 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through. Add the rice and combine thoroughly. Top with the shredded cheese and serve immediately. For those who prefer a bigger kick, add 1 habanero, chopped fine, with the other veggies, or 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes with the other seasonings.

Fast (even with the rice cook time, it's under 30 minutes), easy, and tasty. :chef:

Back
Top Bottom