Whats cooking Thursday September 17, 2009?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
shell steaks on sale so that will probably be dinner with baked potato and mixed veggies. hub suggested breakfast for dinner. i got my poach pods yesterday so maybe steak, poached eggs (or if someone wants fried they only take about a minute), homefries and biscuits.

what are you planning?

shell steaks on sale so that will probably be dinner with baked potato and mixed veggies. hub suggested breakfast for dinner. i got my poach pods yesterday so maybe steak, poached eggs (or if someone wants fried they only take about a minute), homefries and biscuits.

what are you planning?
i think i will wait till tomorrow to use my new poach pods to poach my eggs. i am thinking steak, onion rings and/or french fries and mixed veggies tonight.

poach pods

img_850955_0_e4d3397643360e48f854a224c3fbe864.jpg

i think i will wait till tomorrow to use my new poach pods to poach my eggs. i am thinking steak, onion rings and/or french fries and mixed veggies tonight.

poach pods

img_850995_0_e4d3397643360e48f854a224c3fbe864.jpg
I have some of those, too. I still use 'em from time to time, but now I have a microwave one, from Nordicware, that I like. It does two eggs, and as soon as I get the time right, they'll be perfect!

Anyhoos, we're having sloppy joes made with veggie crumbles on those nifty little super-thin buns, and left over grilled veggies. Church every night this week. I'm maxing out my lazy dinner repertiore...... We actually ate fast food last night. Taco Del Mar.....(could've been worse. the boy was angling for Subway):ohmy:

Traditional-style Moroccan couscous with chicken broth, garlic, onion, tomatoes, carrots, zucchini, turnips, chickpeas, raisins, harissa, etc.

Dinner:

Shell Steak grilled inside on cast iron grill pan and mixed veggies.

img_850999_0_ecadfe4c352b1599c461da640343f58d.jpg

img_850999_1_98462bc062cc94f146d8be7b36d5b476.jpg

bored.gif

I think I'm all cabbaged out.

He said he wasn't thrilled with the casserole last night. He said cabbage and breadcrumbs don't go together. I thought the casserole was excellent!!

Anywho.... I made baked cabbage with a little oil, and cider vinegar and caraway seed. I thew in some Polish sausage (like I have before). On the side is baked baby carrots.

sigh.gif

I made spaghetti with my Italian sausage and beef sauce. I have enough sauce for about 3 more meals! We also had salad and home made onion garlic foccacia.

Afritad and rice

@ msmofet...nice streaks you got there

As for dinner we are having Afritada with rice..havent had this for so long...my aunt is cooking it...so i'll be doing the rice...id probably do an arroz ala Mexicana.:chef:

1286.jpg

@ msmofet...nice streaks you got there

As for dinner we are having Afritada with rice..havent had this for so long...my aunt is cooking it...so i'll be doing the rice...id probably do an arroz ala Mexicana.:chef:

1286.jpg
thank you sweetie. whats in your rice? it looks yummy. also what is Afritada?

:LOL:Thanks MM. I'm getting behind with writing up the recipes at the moment and hoping my memory is good :ROFLMAO: I'll try and write it up later today for you :)
ok thanks. is there cheese in there? i love how you got the strings from the fork to the plate in the pic yummy!!

ok thanks. is there cheese in there? i love how you got the strings from the fork to the plate in the pic yummy!!

Yeah I used an orange cheddar and the sauce is basically my tomato soup recipe but reduced a little more to make it thicker :) I was under Ellen's strict instructions so the compliments go to her for the photo :LOL:

I had a little tomato soup left over from the other night and made a quick chicken and mushroom pasta bake with the left-overs.

picture-006.jpg

picture-010.jpg

picture-011.jpg
I could go for some of that right now! That is my kind of meal! I think it's fun to use leftovers to create another meal, especially when it's totally different than the previous night! I don't like to waste anything.

Back
Top Bottom