What's Cooking Today, Sunday 2/26/12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Margi Cintrano

Washing Up
On Sundays, it is tradition for us to have a slow cooked Italian feast of sorts ... Today, we are having a Seafood stew called Cassola which contains: squid, mussels, seabass, garlic, tomato and prawns and I made a home made tiramisu last night ... Crusty warm bread, olive oil to dip with a few varieties of salt and Prosecco.

Dinner, is a couple of rounds of wine and 2 tapas at our local Tavern ( Taberna ) in Madrid.

Have a nice Sunday.
Margi.

Figured I would start this out today.

Leftovers, have lots to get through before I clean out the fridge today!

Feeling lazy today. I think we'll just have burgers on the grill. I'm also grilling up some Italian sausages from the freezer because SO told me to.

I scrambled some eggs, added some cheese and cut up some leftover sausage links. That was brunch. We're hitting Famous Dave's for supper with the extended family for Feb. birthdays. My BIL, sister, dad and nephew all have birthdays this month. The latter 3 on successive days (21,22, 23).

My mung bean sprouts that I grew are ready, and I have a hankerin' for some egg foo yung with ham.

Back on the rotation diet - today is pork!

I am doing some baby backs with my Jack Daniels BBQ sauce, roasted potatoes and corn on the cob.:)

I am new to posting but have been reading for a while and am excited to start sharing and learning.
Tonight we are having whole wheat panko crusted Basa fillets baked in the oven and a nice garden salad. For dessert I am going to make banana "ice cream" using only frozen bananas and cocoa. Yummy

Last edited:
Welcome to DC, Sweetlanamarie! I will have to try your "ice cream" recipe! Thanks!

Soon I'm going to put together a pot of Pork Pissoli, and get ready for an afternoon and evening at the Academy Awards. Yes, I'm as excited as football fans are on Super Bowl Sunday!! I love going to the movies with my friends all year and I've seen most of the nominated movies. The movies were really good this year !!!

Just cleaning up some leftovers today. I'll start cooking again tomorrow. My freezer is stuffed!

Scrambled Eggs with Red, Green, Qrange, Yellow Bell Peppers with Onions. Fried Potatoes and Wheat Toast. Apple juice.

I picked up a couple of beautiful mahi mahi fillets (over 1/2 pound each!) at Fisherman's Catch yesterday and I am going to marinate one of them in olive oil, black pepper, worcestershire sauce, thyme, dill, bay leaf, chives, rosemary, parsley, and salt and grill them. They will be served with brown rice, mixed vegetables, and a 2010 Crios de Susana Balbo Torrontés Salta.

The other fillet will, at a later date, be grilled and smothered in coconut caramel sauce and served with brown rice, vegetables and a wine to be determined. Most likely a pinot grigio.

Last edited:
We are finishing off the potato soup I made a few days ago. James is having his as is, and I added clams to mine to convert it into quick clam chowder. :yum::yum:

Back
Top Bottom