What's Cooking Today, Sunday 4th March?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Its gone cold again so we are having Serbian Sarma made with smetana and served with lots of mash, for pud my wife is making palacinke with hm strawb jam.

Ps palacinke is a famous Croatian aphrodisiac:w00t2:

It sounds exotic and interesting. Would you mind translating those dishes for us please?

Sunday Brunch - mixed berry salad with raspberry poppy seed vinaigrette, Huevos Rancheros Especial, Mexican rice, and peach mimosas made with Jumex peach nectar and Segura Viudas Brut Reserva Cava

Sunday Dinner - I'm making Grandma's Sunday sauce with meatballs and hot Italian sausage, but I will be attacking some bonless loin pork chops with Maxwell's silver hammer until they turn into cutlets which I will, in turn, turn in to pork parmigiana by dreging them in flour, dipping them in egg wash, rolling them in seasoned bread crumbs, sautéing them in light olive oil until golden, then melting some fresh mozzerella on top. This will be accompanied by spaghetti, sourdough bread and butter and, I don't know, maybe a 2004 Terralba Identità Barbera Piemonte or a 2009 Cantine di Ora Barbera D'Asti?

Need to pick up a few items at the market. So far the plan is:

Bloody Mary Crab Cocktails/Shooters (topped with diced avocado)
Pan-fried lemon ricotta gnocchi
Grilled asparagus
Strawberries and ? - or something from the bakery

A Few Sips of Bourbon...Prolly George T. Stagg
Jambalaya...Prolly Chicken, Andouille, and Tasso.....
Green Salad...Prolly with World Famous Come Back Dressing....
French Bread....Prolly with Garlic, Butter, and a Few Specks of Dill.....
Strawberry Pie.....
Coffee & Chicory....

Mrs. K and I are heading over to some friends house this afternoon for a ravioli making party. We're each supplying different fillings and making up enough so we can eat some of it and take some home to put in the freezer.

what a great idea!! Sounds like a perfect sunday afternoon.

Homeade pizza today. Still not sure what to top them with though. Would like to try something a little different and adventurous.

We ate at Ruby Tuesdays on the way home from church. Had their soup and salad bar. Broccoli cheese soup, garlic biscuits, shrimp fondue and salad. Too stuffed to think about dinner. May just do up some popcorn and pull out the cold cuts.

No idea today. I will have to go through the fridge.

I know I do have some zucchini and red peppers in there I should use.

Ummm...frittata.

I'ma gonna try to replicate Pioneer Woman's chicken parmesan recipe that I tried last week, this time cutting the still-frozen breasts through the middle. Hopefully they won't poof after pounding. Have some expired panko crumbs to use up.

Even though it's sunny, we're having a cold spell again. I pulled a chuck roast from the freezer early and transformed it to a nice beef stew.

Oven ribs, deep fried wings and home made fries, and some raw veggies...

Attachments

• DSC00379.jpg
    DSC00379.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 178
Hi Andy, my crab cakes tasted really good but shallow frying them was really tricky as they were so soft inside. I used mashed potato as the main base and then crab meat, coriander, ginger, spring onion, egg yolk, chilli and bound all this together with a little flour and chilled in the fridge for half an hour before cooking. I don't know if you or anyone else has any tips for making them more firm? Maybe a whole new recipe and not using the potato?

Anyway, here was the end result, looks ok, tastes ok but just not sure about the consistency.

These look really good. When I cook them I like them a bit soft inside. Mine are mostly crab here is what I put in them. Crab meat, Bread crumbs about half as much by volume as crab, A bit of stone ground mustard, A bit of mayonnaise, Egg, seasoning, softened bell pepper and green onion.

Salisbury Steak with gravy, roasted baby reds, broccoli and cauliflower with cheese sauce.

Company for dinner tongiht. Pecan smoked chuck roast with parmesan gratin, asparagus, and blackberrry cobbler a la mode for dessert.

Neither of us is feeling up for cooking (I'm still ill; DH is still recuperating), so it's pizza from Gigi's again.

I made taco meat with mac and cheese. Pretty darn good.

Dam straight it is, I can attest! Seems like there is a lot of italian tonight, and I am right there with everyone else. Lasagna is cooling as we speak, serving with a green salad and garlic bread. House smells fantastic!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom