What's Cooking Today, Sunday 4th March?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi Andy, my crab cakes tasted really good but shallow frying them was really tricky as they were so soft inside. I used mashed potato as the main base and then crab meat, coriander, ginger, spring onion, egg yolk, chilli and bound all this together with a little flour and chilled in the fridge for half an hour before cooking. I don't know if you or anyone else has any tips for making them more firm? Maybe a whole new recipe and not using the potato?

Anyway, here was the end result, looks ok, tastes ok but just not sure about the consistency.

May I suggest this recipe?

A classic Maryland style crab cake!
Ingredients:
1 lb. crab meat (backfin or lump)
2 slices bread (crust removed)
milk
1 egg beaten
1 Tbsp. mayonnaise
1 Tbsp. parsley flakes
1 tsp. prepared mustard
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. Old Bay
1/4 tsp. salt

Instructions:
In bowl, break bread into small pieces and moisten with milk. Add all remaining ingredients except crab and mix. Pick over crab meat to remove shell particles. Add crab meat to mixture, mixing gently but thoroughly. Shape into six patties and chill 30 minutes. Pan fry in a little butter or oil until brown on each side or broil in oven until browned.

Asian style roasted chicken wings (marinated in soy sauce, toasted sesame oil, hot chili sesame oil, peanut oil, grated fresh garlic, grated fresh ginger and onion). Sides - fresh string beans & sliced mushroom caps stir fried (with soy sauce, toasted sesame oil, hot chili sesame oil, peanut oil, slivered fresh garlic and toasted sesame seeds), pineapple chunks and jasmine rice garnishes - soy sauce, toasted sesame oil, hot chili sesame oil, toasted sesame seeds and green onion.

img_1115416_0_f65247fd0c335881555540c102426c9e.jpg

Asian style roasted chicken wings (marinated in soy sauce, toasted sesame oil, hot chili sesame oil, peanut oil, grated fresh garlic, grated fresh ginger and onion). Sides - fresh string beans & sliced mushroom caps stir fried (with soy sauce, toasted sesame oil, hot chili sesame oil, peanut oil, slivered fresh garlic and toasted sesame seeds), pineapple chunks and jasmine rice garnishes - soy sauce, toasted sesame oil, hot chili sesame oil, toasted sesame seeds and green onion.

I'll take two...thanks!

The crab cakes , ribs and wings look amazing! I wish I could try them all! The crab cake sauce reminds me of a tomato raisin chutney I used to make for pork chops- similar consistency. It must be 10 years since I made it last, I forgot about it. I'll have to pull out the recipe because it was very good.

Beef with onions, garlic, baby carrots and herbs in the pressure cooker, Italian green beans, mashed potatoes, iced tea and pumpkin cake with cream cheese icing for dessert. It was tasty and the house still smells good.

Hey, I think it's great that folks from across the pond start the dinner thread early!! It's added time for the rest of us in the west to get inspired!
Nice menu's everyone !!

Tonight we had fried boneless skinless chicken thighs. I soaked them in yogurt and then did the "dry, wet, dry thing" with Panko crumbs and sesame seeds at the end. They turned out really good. We had hot buttered Angel Hair Pasta with them, along with a green salad.

dw and i shared a pizza and mussels marinara, but my boy didn't want pizza so he decided to make up his own recipe.
he made "pepperoni rice". chopped up large ring pepperoni and onion mixed into white rice. it was actually pretty good!

Salmon in papillote with onion, dill, lemon and wine. Left over polenta fried with lemon drizzle. Zucchini cut long on mandoline for spaghetti shape quickly sautéed with lemon pepper and lemon. Baby greens with a homemade honey mustard vinaigrette. Was all very yummy.

This is my hot sausage roll army I did yesterday.

I use Delia Smiths recipe, but made them gluten free.

Absolutely delish hot straight from the oven, with a glass of white wine (oh any excuse!).

Attachments

• Hot Saus roll army.jpg
    Hot Saus roll army.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 153
Back
Top Bottom