What's Cooking Today, Sunday 4th March?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mrs. K and I are heading over to some friends house this afternoon for a ravioli making party. We're each supplying different fillings and making up enough so we can eat some of it and take some home to put in the freezer.
We ended up making three kinds of ravioli and sauces: pumpkin filling with a brown butter sage sauce, mushroom and onion filling with Gruyere cheese sauce, and Italian sausage with a fresh marinara. I also baked Focaccia. My buddy, Doug, is also a home winemaker like myself. So we opened a couple of his wines, a Sauvignon Blanc blend and Rhone type wine. I brought along a bottle of my own California Pinot Noir.

Lots of food. Lots of wine. It was all good.

img_1115595_0_cb2a89ea55c678adcdd18fe9c5369c17.jpg

img_1115595_1_cb82fc496c9916fc26c3ffdeb986df39.jpg

May I suggest this recipe?

A classic Maryland style crab cake!
Ingredients:
1 lb. crab meat (backfin or lump)
2 slices bread (crust removed)
milk
1 egg beaten
1 Tbsp. mayonnaise
1 Tbsp. parsley flakes
1 tsp. prepared mustard
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. Old Bay
1/4 tsp. salt

Instructions:
In bowl, break bread into small pieces and moisten with milk. Add all remaining ingredients except crab and mix. Pick over crab meat to remove shell particles. Add crab meat to mixture, mixing gently but thoroughly. Shape into six patties and chill 30 minutes. Pan fry in a little butter or oil until brown on each side or broil in oven until browned.

Thanks for the recipe:) I'll have to try another one because tonight I even tried to shallow fry them with more oil so they were almost half covered and they turned to mush:(

Asian style roasted chicken wings (marinated in soy sauce, toasted sesame oil, hot chili sesame oil, peanut oil, grated fresh garlic, grated fresh ginger and onion). Sides - fresh string beans & sliced mushroom caps stir fried (with soy sauce, toasted sesame oil, hot chili sesame oil, peanut oil, slivered fresh garlic and toasted sesame seeds), pineapple chunks and jasmine rice garnishes - soy sauce, toasted sesame oil, hot chili sesame oil, toasted sesame seeds and green onion.

img_1115621_0_f65247fd0c335881555540c102426c9e.jpg

MM that just looks and sounds so tasty!!!!! So much flavour in that meal and there would certainly be a clean plate after that:)

everyone's meal sounds so much better than mine. just a plain old american chili size. been hungry for it for a while.

Nothing wrong with plain and simple sometimes, I have a craving for egg and chips tonight :LOL: Not sure a photo will be necessary for that:ermm:

The crab cakes , ribs and wings look amazing! I wish I could try them all! The crab cake sauce reminds me of a tomato raisin chutney I used to make for pork chops- similar consistency. It must be 10 years since I made it last, I forgot about it. I'll have to pull out the recipe because it was very good.

Thanks:) I'll get around to posting the recipe I used for the tomato and chilli jam.

This is my hot sausage roll army I did yesterday.

I use Delia Smiths recipe, but made them gluten free.

Absolutely delish hot straight from the oven, with a glass of white wine (oh any excuse!).

Oh GQ that so reminds me of my childhood:) When I was a kid at christmas I could only open my presents after I had taken my mum and dad in a sausage roll and a cup of tea:) We made the sausage rolls and mince pies on Christmas Eve so Christmas morning they were still nice and fresh and I would put a sausage roll on a plate and make the quickest cup of tea in the world and rush in and wake them up:) Oh the memories!!

We ended up making three kinds of ravioli and sauces: pumpkin filling with a brown butter sage sauce, mushroom and onion filling with Gruyere cheese sauce, and Italian sausage with a fresh marinara. I also baked Focaccia. My buddy, Doug, is also a home winemaker like myself. So we opened a couple of his wines, a Sauvignon Blanc blend and Rhone type wine. I brought along a bottle of my own California Pinot Noir.

Lots of food. Lots of wine. It was all good.

img_1115621_1_cb2a89ea55c678adcdd18fe9c5369c17.jpg

img_1115621_2_cb82fc496c9916fc26c3ffdeb986df39.jpg

Steve, amazing! I love the sound of the Pumpkin ravioli:) Never cooked or eaten it before but it sounds delicious!

That sounds reasonable. What is it that works better that way? I have never made any of these dishes.

I don't know that one is better than the other.

For a (chicken) Milanese, the procedure is to combine equal amounts of parm and breadcrumbs for coating the cutlet. The parm flavor is throughout the coating. There is no topping for Milanese like the cheeses on top of the chicken parm. All the cheese flavor is in the cutlet.

When I make a parm dish (chicken, etc.) I top the cutlet with mozzarella and grated parm. Sir_Loin mixed the parm into the breading for the cutlet instead. You get a the taste of the parm with every bite.

I'm thinking I'll do both next time!

Hi Andy, my crab cakes tasted really good but shallow frying them was really tricky as they were so soft inside. I used mashed potato as the main base and then crab meat, coriander, ginger, spring onion, egg yolk, chilli and bound all this together with a little flour and chilled in the fridge for half an hour before cooking. I don't know if you or anyone else has any tips for making them more firm? Maybe a whole new recipe and not using the potato?

Anyway, here was the end result, looks ok, tastes ok but just not sure about the consistency.
Yum! That is all I ever seem to say at all of these food photos. lol I love crab cakes, but I would have to make them for myself. Someone else doesn't like seafood, except haddock.

Toegg

Today i made a Toegg or TOFU with EGGS. it is very delicious. in my country we eat rice mostly and toeeg is very good if you eat it with rice or potatoes.

TOEEG
materials :
2 square of tofu (size:5x5 cm)
1 egg
1 tablespoon of flour
1/2 liter oil

tools :
bowl
tablespoon
pan

steps :
1. puree tofu
2.add egg,salt,pepper,and flour
3. mix well
4. take a spoon,make sphere shape with it, the spare with a diameter 5 cm.
5. take a pan ,add oil and wait a minute until oil get hot. after oil get hot, enter the sphere shape into hot oil and wait a minute until it's getting yellow brownish
6. take it from oil and drain it.
7. serve it with rice or boiled potatoes :chef:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom