What's Cooking Tuesday 1/18/11

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ribs are rubbed and are resting. They'll go into the oven as soon as its done its cleaning cycle.

Msmofet's Tricolored Quinoa & Orzo Pilaf (Click for recipe)

img_960802_0_eab4460a92f08082f875042c68b4532a.jpg

Much as I admire your cooking and your photos, I'm afraid this brings snail to mind. :ermm: Not necessarily a bad thing, granted. ;)

My version of a calzone with onion, peppers (green and red), mushrooms, fresh mozzarella, sliced provolone, shredded mozzarella, and grated Parmesan cheeses.

Spent the day at my dad's installing his new computer with my son. We ordered pizza when we got home. Dad's away on vacation so when he comes home, his new computer and monitor are all ready for him.

I am making deer stew. On the stove now. I shoulda planned ahead better cause it will be a while.

Supper will be whatever Air France feeds me. Flight is delayed, so there will be some sort of snack with the $10 voucher.

Ribs smell divine. Got a couple more hours before I can eat 'em though. Hope my tummy makes it that long!

Tonight I'm doing a salad of cauliflower, green beans, tomatoes, sweet onion, navy beans or chickpeas, red bell pepper, black olives, cheddar cheese, etc. with a Dijon mustard vinaigrette. Crusty baguette on the side.

Chicken, noodles, green onion, mushroom caps, string beans, broccoli and
carrot stir fry.

img_960917_0_4ebd9c58f9bb693fdd8ade098d58a9bc.jpg

I am making deer stew. On the stove now. I shoulda planned ahead better cause it will be a while.

The deer stew turned out GREAT. Frank will have to give details on how he made it, but it had tons of veggies, which I love, and the broth was savory.

I contributed scalded bread, which is boiling water poured over white cornmeal with salt added. When it is the consistency of play-dough, you dip your hands in COLD water so you can pat out the cornmeal and fry it in patties. Then slather it in butter and eat! Mmmm.

Attachments

• Venison Stew w Scalded Bread.jpg
    Venison Stew w Scalded Bread.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 164
not cooking anything, tonight. stopped at a kfc around three . picked up a bucket of grilled thighs and legs. no sides, to many calories . have just been grazing on the chicken since i got home. so maybe just some dessert, later on. still no tuna casserole. too hot to use the oven. was 88 today.

not cooking anything, tonight. stopped at a kfc around three . picked up a bucket of grilled thighs and legs. no sides, to many calories . have just been grazing on the chicken since i got home. so maybe just some dessert, later on. still no tuna casserole. too hot to use the oven. was 88 today.

I really love their grilled chicken. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom