What's Cooking Tuesday 1/18/11

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zhizara

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
I let myself run out of bread, so this morning I'm going to fry up a sausage patty, cut it up and add it to some cheesy scrambled eggs and wrap them in a warmed tortilla or two.

Lunch will be a chicken salad wrap.

I'll have to see about dinner. I still have lots of meals made up in the freezer.

What are you cooking today? Have a good one.

After I head out and pick up some Italian bread and tomatoes, I'll be mixing some chicken with mayo, chipotle peppers in adobo and green onions and making a couple open faced chicken melts... with copious amounts of cheddar cheese. Undecided if that will be lunch or dinner.

Made a big pot of chili last night (for an event later this week)...will have some tonight. Always best after it has sat for a few.

Lunch was cucumber and home made semi-dried tomato, spinach and feta spread lettuce wraps.

Dinner, a flash of inspiration both assisted and from desperation of not wanting soup again, mushroom caps stuffed with a mix of onion, mushroom stems, black olives, garlic and a bit of ketchup. Delish!

Yesterday was a washout, ended up at the doctor's office all evening with my son who broke his hand. Sigh.

To help with the stress I've decided to make a pot of sauce today. Meatballs and sausage ready to go. Can't wait to fill the house with the aroma of tomatoes and garlic and onions, and meat of course. Probably just go with spaghetti, a little comfort food to settle things down.

Tonight is a bit uncertain. I am STILL waiting to hear from the furnace people and may have to dash off at a moments notice. If I have to cancel my shift tonight I'm going to do ribs for dinner. If I go to work, they will have to rummage in the fridge. I should know in an hour or so if I'm going to work.

We have a friend coming for dinner. She had planned to come for xmas dinner but had a bad flu. I am going to stuff a chicken with something. Not sure yet...
Just came back from town, and picked up some sausage on sale, so it will be Italian sausage stuffing. Garlic, onion, celery, red pepper, fresh parsley, crumbled sausage, bread cubes, butter, rosemary....

I'm thinking stuffed peppers, orzo in some fashion (if you have a good recipe using orzo, let me know) maybe broiled tomatoes. We have pumpkin bread for dessert.

I think I am going to get busy and make a small french onion soup for lunch and dinner tonight will be a stoganoff over noodles.

After reading Alix' post I think I'm going to pull a rack of ribs out of the freezer for later this week.

DH is still waiting to hear if he is called in today (the trouble with being casual on a new job - you need to block time for them but they don't have to call you!). So, it maybe two or three for dinner.

I will have to report back later as I have no ideas.

Going to revisit the round steaks I had thawed for supper last night and didn't cook. Have them sprinkled w/ Montreal Steak seasoning in the fridge. Baked potato and steamed broc to go with them.

I think about some vegetarian dish - "creamy macaroni with parmesan and cheddar cheese", I know I have that recipe somewhere... :chef:

You've been having a real run with that chocolate ice cream, UB :)
Why mess with a good thing, right? ;)

Italian beef sandwiches will be our dinner tonight. I put a top round roast in the crockpot with italian seasonings and beef broth. Will make sandwiches with provolone cheese and hoagie rolls ... Yum!

I'm thinking stuffed peppers, orzo in some fashion (if you have a good recipe using orzo, let me know) maybe broiled tomatoes. We have pumpkin bread for dessert.

Check under the Rice/Beans forum. Both MsMofet (1/16/11) and Kayelle (12/7/10) have really good orzo recipes.:chef:

Msmofet's Tricolored Quinoa & Orzo Pilaf (Click for recipe)

img_960794_0_eab4460a92f08082f875042c68b4532a.jpg

Back
Top Bottom