What's cooking Tuesday 10/18/2016?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Tonight will be either beef and mushroom stir fry or lamb chops.

Pot roast. I salvaged a boneless chuck roast from the freezer and just popped it into the oven after doing the initial prep. I'll make mashed potato to soak up the gravy. SO will have cauliflower. :yuk:

Went over to the neighbor's temporarily surrogate freezer and retrieved a pound of my ground sirloin. Have a hankering for Mom's ground beef, sauerkraut, rice, and tomato soup hotdish.

I'm going to re-purpose a couple of leftover small chicken thighs. Probably will skin them, cube them, cut up some greens and veggies, and build a salad for dinner.

Have a giant Portobello I'm intending to fix up with pear & cheese. Still feel guilty for ruining that dish with the big family dinner and the beginning of the month.

Think I might try half with apple and half with pear. Also don't have any Provolone so will be using Gruyere.

Burgers on the grill, sweet potato oven fries. Sweet potatoes cut in wedges, tossed with olive oil and a bit of salt, baked until almost done, then finished off under the broiler for a few minutes until browned a bit.

I wimped out. I made the leftover chicken pot pie filling into a soup, re-heated the leftover MN Fish patties, and made apple turnovers out of the leftover puff pastry. Just didn't have a lot of energy to be too creative and wanted to get the leftovers out of the fridge.

I had a Master Gardener association meeting with a potluck last night. I took Greek meatballs with cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves in the tomato sauce. Left some for DH and he made egg noodles to serve them on. I have a lot left, so I'll freeze some for later.

Back
Top Bottom