What's cooking Tuesday, 12-13-11?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The potatoes were great. I can't leave well enough alone, so I added a talbespoon of butter to the garlic oil. They turned out great. the underside was nice and crispy . Turned out Grrrrrrrreeeeaaaaaattttt!!!!!

Somethng with a whole chicken. Probably fill it with garlic and rosemary, roast it on fairly high heat, baste it in butter and white wine, serve with these cool potatos Roasted Potato | Roasted Potato Recipe | Gourmand Recipes I found on line, and some steamed broccoli...

Rock, I'm really intrigued by the picture of those beautiful potato stacks. Did you roast them in the cupcake tin, or are they removed first to a baking sheet.
I can't see how they would get the crispy edges if they are left in the tin.
They look fabulous !!:)

We are having grilled rib eye steaks, baked potatoes and pencil thin asparagus sauted in bacon, onions, and a little balsamic vinegar.

Last edited:
Very nice plate rock!!

Our dinner was
Fried bone-in chicken breast, steamed fresh broccoli and buttermilk biscuits

img_1083431_0_555bf6733893a0ef4309bee2cef534b6.jpg

Rock, Your chicken and Taters look terrific. Ms Mofet, I Love Biscuits !!

I had Teriyaki chicken breasts with spicy rice and garlicky broccoli. The kitchen still smells good.

Rock, I'm really intrigued by the picture of those beautiful potato stacks. Did you roast them in the cupcake tin, or are they removed first to a baking sheet.
I can't see how they would get the crispy edges if they are left in the tin.
They look fabulous !!:)

I did them in the muffin tins. I brushed them liberally with the garlic oil/butter and they bubbled away at 350 for about 35 40 minutes. Took them out and that's it. Easy Peasy

Beautiful pics, MsM and Rock!

That makes sense, doing potato slices in the muffin tins, Rock! (especially since I don't bake muffins....)

Much yummage to all the great dinners!

Rock, Your chicken and Taters look terrific. Ms Mofet, I Love Biscuits !!

I had Teriyaki chicken breasts with spicy rice and garlicky broccoli. The kitchen still smells good.

Beautiful pics, MsM and Rock!

That makes sense, doing potato slices in the muffin tins, Rock! (especially since I don't bake muffins....)

Much yummage to all the great dinners!
Thank you WD and DL.

Loaded mac & cheese with the venison sausage I almost forgot about.

Attachments

• mac & cheese.jpg
    mac & cheese.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 155
pacanis said:
Loaded mac & cheese with the venison sausage I almost forgot about.

Looks great, Pac, and I am not a fan of mac and cheese!

Thanks. The mac and cheese part is usually low on priority for making mac and cheese, lol.

And tell me that Beagle isn't wearing a tutu... ;^)

Open-faced sandwiches of leftover chicken breasts, sliced and tossed with barbeque sauce on a crusty baguette, topped with extra sharp cheddar, melted under the broiler, and some sweet onion slices.

Thanks. The mac and cheese part is usually low on priority for making mac and cheese, lol.

And tell me that Beagle isn't wearing a tutu... ;^)
And she is. When we went to visit, it was niece's "tutu time". Not beagle's choice. I was just glad to figure out how to post an avatar!

Last edited:
left-over chicken stir fry. it was delicious last night. i am looking forward to having it again. if my oven is repaired , will bake some sugar cookies.

good thing i had leftovers. gas and electric tech tagged my stove. not to be used. kinda complicated, but gas coming into my home had to much pressure. supposed to be fixed tomorrow. the tech. thinks that might solve my regulator problem. i hope so, i have baking to do. :ohmy:

DD made chicken enchilada pasta. It was very good. The recipe makes a ton so there will be plenty for her freezer. Tomorrow night we are making Lasagna We will have some for dinner and freeze the rest.

The potatoes were great. I can't leave well enough alone, so I added a talbespoon of butter to the garlic oil. They turned out great. the underside was nice and crispy . Turned out Grrrrrrrreeeeaaaaaattttt!!!!!
I'm upping this a notch tonight--I'm adding some finely grated Jarlsberg every other layer. Did the butter with the garlic oil, have the thyme ready, and am doing a 40-clove roasted chicken with some rosemary added. Side of green beans. Ummm-yummm...Just wish I didn't have to wait for Time-of-Use rates to drop. The garlic oil/butter smells amazing!

Back
Top Bottom