What's Cooking Tuesday April 19th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
Well, it is a rare occasion - DH will be home for dinner for a change and not racing between two jobs or eating sandwiches in his bus!

However, my sinuses and asthma have gotten the better of me these days and I have constant pain across my face, making it difficult to eat.

So, I am making a big pot of homemade soup (not sure, mushroom, carrot or squash) for me and burgers and fries for the guys....after all, we will be eating in front of the TV as our beloved Canucks try to ditch the Blackhawks and move one step closer to the elusive Stanley Cup! :)

What's on the table at your house?

Well, if I can find the pork chops I know are in the freezer somewhere, we're having pork chops. If I can't find them I guess I'll make a ranch chicken dish.

Well, if I can find the pork chops I know are in the freezer somewhere, we're having pork chops. If I can't find them I guess I'll make a ranch chicken dish.

That's two nights in a row we almost hit on the same dinner. I had a spur of the moment thought in the store just now, but didn't like the look of their chops. And too lazy to dig through the freezer, so I grabbed some burger instead. I'm thinking tacos tonight featuring... tadaaa... the first Vidalia onions of the season!

That's two nights in a row we almost hit on the same dinner. I had a spur of the moment thought in the store just now, but didn't like the look of their chops. And too lazy to dig through the freezer, so I grabbed some burger instead. I'm thinking tacos tonight featuring... tadaaa... the first Vidalia onions of the season!

I found the pork chops so we're good to go. I found a recipe in my files from 8 years ago that uses an interesting mix of stuffing ingredients. Let's see how it goes with SO before I decide to keep it or trash it. I'm going to do some kind of pan-fried potatoes to go with it.

I am so envious :D! My two favourite onions in the world are vidalia and Walla Walla from Washington State!

So, it will be French onion soup (with local onions - red and yellow) for all with a salad for DH, a crouton and Swiss cheese on Dad's soup, and mine I will probably have plain.

Not your every day hockey fare, but the masses have spoken! :LOL:

DH can't concentrate to cook, now that he has the new job. I'm not cutting anything with a knife until my cut finger gets better. So DH will slice scallions and cube some cheese. I'll make a French omelette. We'll probably have toast with that. Hmm, maybe potatoes.

I'm not totally sure yet, but I'm thinking fried (or oven fried?) boneless/skinless chicken breast, macaroni and cheese, and asparagus. :)

Originally Posted by pacanis
I had to read your posts for a couple weeks to realize where NOLA was.
Just call me a slow yankee, lol.

Spork, you forgot someone from GA to let us know when Vidalia onions become available :chef:

img_991717_1_b71fd5a7f61ddf3e5e25ed02ee12d8e4.gif
Mid-April! :LOL:

See there....told ya :winkiss:

I made quite a bit of panko crusted fried shrimp last night an have some leftovers so I think I'm gonna make some Parmesan Shrimp tonight.

See there....told ya :winkiss:

Yes you did.
And before you know it a 5 lb bag was in my shopping cart.
And is it any coincidence that butter is on sale this week for $2 per brick?
I think not ;)

:LOL:

I'll do a quick smoke (45 minutes) on some Filet Mignon followed by searing it on a grill with some corn on the cob.

-Damien

However, my sinuses and asthma have gotten the better of me these days and I have constant pain across my face, making it difficult to eat.

I hope you feel better soon!!!!!

I'll reheat the leftover roast chicken from Sunday and make some stuffing and pull some frozen veg out of the freezer. Quick and easy.

ham and bean soup, gonna throw in some left over rice. garlic cheddar biscuits. don't know about dessert. really should be watching calories. put on a couple pounds last couple weeks,.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom