What's cooking Tuesday August 18, 2009?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm thinking about pork chops, too. With that, maybe some sliced, roasted red potatoes or mashed potatoes.... with some vegie. Not sure how I'm going to do the chops yet.
I coated the pork chops with egg and a bit of seasoned cornmeal and browned them in butter. Then, they went into a greased casserole dish and topped with sliced tomato and cr. of mushroom soup. I'm not sure how it's going to be, but Mark likes pork chops cooked in cream of mushroom soup. On the side.... carrots/celery, garlic mashed potatoes and salad.

I browned a couple of BS chicken breast halves in a CI skillet and finished them in the oven. I made a quesadilla for me. SO topped hers with cheese and salsa.

I coated the pork chops with egg and a bit of seasoned cornmeal and browned them in butter. Then, they went into a greased casserole dish and topped with sliced tomato and cr. of mushroom soup. I'm not sure how it's going to be, but Mark likes pork chops cooked in cream of mushroom soup. On the side.... carrots/celery, garlic mashed potatoes and salad.
i have never cooked pork chops in cream of mushroom soup. i must try it.

i just had some butter pecan ice cream for dessert/snack. i have been craving it the last couple days.

Here was dinner. The carrots and celery were roasted, by the way. He seems to enjoy that combination of vegies.

img_845977_0_bdee9916ba84d9f6027a61ba7b562d4d.jpg

img_845977_1_cb2e358f748277745accc2c293d3562c.jpg

img_845977_2_d5436025b71ffe473e12834b991542f7.jpg

Mark said next time not to use the cornmeal and to use regular breadcrumbs, but he said it wasn't bad. It didn't work that magnificent with pork. I didn't have any or the time to run out and get some.... that's why I tried that. It has worked out great on chicken breasts before.

Thanks for the comments about the pictures! :)

Last night I made "Mexican Meatball Sub Sandwiches", & they were FABULOUS!!

I used MexicoKaren's "Mexican Meatball" recipe from the DC summer newsletter with a few changes (no broth, using ground turkey instead of meat, McCormick's Monterey Grilled Chicken Seasoning instead of stock granules, & baking the meatballs in the oven). Piled the meatballs on toasted Italian bread, added a light drizzle of medium-heat canned salsa & some shredded sharp cheddar, & ran under the broiler until ooey-gooey good. Topped with some nice baby lettuce from the farmers market.

An additional plus? I had enough baked meatballs left over to pop into the freezer & enjoy for another meal.

Last night I made "Mexican Meatball Sub Sandwiches", & they were FABULOUS!!

I used MexicoKaren's "Mexican Meatball" recipe from the DC summer newsletter with a few changes (no broth, using ground turkey instead of meat, McCormick's Monterey Grilled Chicken Seasoning instead of stock granules, & baking the meatballs in the oven). Piled the meatballs on toasted Italian bread, added a light drizzle of medium-heat canned salsa & some shredded sharp cheddar, & ran under the broiler until ooey-gooey good. Topped with some nice baby lettuce from the farmers market.

An additional plus? I had enough baked meatballs left over to pop into the freezer & enjoy for another meal.

:confused: Ground Turkey is not meat????

:confused: Ground Turkey is not meat????

Oh please!:rolleyes: Are you really all that "confused"? It's too early in the morning to be so nitpicky, but I'll try to humor you.:LOL:

First off, let me calm you down & assure you that, yes, ground turkey IS meat. The original recipe calls for 1# of ground beef & 1# of ground pork. I substituted 2# of ground turkey. My husband doesn't eat red meat, so I always sub in ground poultry. I shouldn't have just said "meat" & should have precisely said "beef & pork". I assumed most folks would realize this. Sorry for your confusion.

Back
Top Bottom