What's cooking Tuesday August 18, 2009?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
not sure. it's going to be 97F today. it will be either french toast or sausage and eggs. then again there is takeout!! LOL

whats going to be cooking in your house today?

For lunch I am planning on making something James has been wanting for a long time, tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches.

Not sure about supper yet. Probably something with stew beef. I hate the thought of heating the house up any more than I have to though, so maybe cheeseburgers on onion buns. Yeah, that sounds good! I'm taking the meat out to defrost now.

:)Barbara

Not sure, will go to farmers market this evening. In the meantime, I need to get something out of the freezer, maybe some loin chops.

I'm thinking about pork chops, too. With that, maybe some sliced, roasted red potatoes or mashed potatoes.... with some vegie. Not sure how I'm going to do the chops yet.

I'm going to heat up the leftover bbq spare ribs that I made on Sunday. Side will be potato salad and green beans.

well, I'm making banana bread because I have the very ripe fruit, and it is a nice quick breakfast with coffee as school starts for me tomorrow (faculty mtgs, yea!) so I thoght as long as the oven is on, pull out something frozen from last season. So I'm heating up some veg lasagna. burgers dogs beans n corn the rest of the week!

I changed my mind, paella... was going to do it over charcoal on a DO, but changed my mind about that as well. We are going for a hike on the mountain, so will cook it stove top when we get back. Chicken thighs, natural chorizo (a new product I found today), shrimp.

still not postive but i think i am going to make breakfast for dinner. either french toast, omelets (with green pepper and onions) or dipping eggs (over easy) any of those with sausage and pillsbury buttermilk biscuits left over from making cocktail franks in blankets (except no biscuits with the french toast).

but take out is still an option.

not sure. it's going to be 97F today. it will be either french toast or sausage and eggs. then again there is takeout!! LOL

whats going to be cooking in your house today?

Takeout takeout :LOL:

For lunch I am planning on making something James has been wanting for a long time, tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches.

Mmmmmmm homemade tomato soup and dunking grilled cheese sandwiches sounds good :)

Not sure about supper yet. Probably something with stew beef. I hate the thought of heating the house up any more than I have to though, so maybe cheeseburgers on onion buns. Yeah, that sounds good! I'm taking the meat out to defrost now.

:)Barbara

If you go for the Cheeseburgers is there room for one more? :ROFLMAO:

still not postive but i think i am going to make breakfast for dinner. either french toast, omelets (with green pepper and onions) or dipping eggs (over easy) any of those with sausage and pillsbury buttermilk biscuits left over from making cocktail franks in blankets (except no biscuits with the french toast).

but take out is still an option.

I told you already! Takeout takeout :D

Ok as you can see I'm pretty hyperactive after all that sleep yesterday but for feeling so good we decided to go out for dinner straight after work and I had quattro formaggi pizza with foccacia with bacon and a banana and coconut milkshake - yummy it was too :D Ellen had pork wrapped in bacon with griddled potatoes and a exotic fruit cocktail :)

fish , left over rice and maybe a salad. couple tomatoes from garden good and ripe today. have onion, butter lettuce, will put left over asparagus on the salad as well . toss on grated parm. dessert,some kinda frozen thing from freezer. ie watching carbs frozen choco bars

Takeout takeout :LOL:

Mmmmmmm homemade tomato soup and dunking grilled cheese sandwiches sounds good :)

If you go for the Cheeseburgers is there room for one more? :ROFLMAO:

I told you already! Takeout takeout :D

Ok as you can see I'm pretty hyperactive after all that sleep yesterday but for feeling so good we decided to go out for dinner straight after work and I had quattro formaggi pizza with foccacia with bacon and a banana and coconut milkshake - yummy it was too :D Ellen had pork wrapped in bacon with griddled potatoes and a exotic fruit cocktail :)
oh lord that sounds good!! i love banana shakes and malteds i have never added coconut!! do you ever make peach shakes or malts? i had a supper ripe peach and a necterine and man was it good!!

Origionally posted by: Barbara L >>>>>> tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches.

I just knew I should have gone to Barbara L's for lunch. lol

for dinner i sauted onion, green bell pepper and green onion (scallions) in butter then added scrambled eggs and cooked them soft and fluffy served with browned johnsonville breakfast sausage and pillsbury buttermilk biscuits.

I spent most of the day purging things in the shop and getting ready for my all-day trip to Paducah tomorrow. I'm having a guest for dinner tomorrow night, so I made the entree this afternoon...chicken cacciatore. It'll be even better tomorrow after all the flavors have a chance to "get happy."

I'm beat, so I just nuked a beef pot pie from the freezer. It's so hot and sticky, that's all I cared for. Maybe a bite of dark chocolate-black walnut bark for dessert.

Back
Top Bottom