"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 08-04-2009, 03:40 AM   #1
Master Chef

Whats cooking Tuesday August 4, 2009?

tonight i plan on making Linguini with Broccoli Aglio Olio (With Garlic and Olive Oil).

whats cooking by you?

Old 08-04-2009, 04:06 AM   #2
Senior Cook

Hi Msmofet :)

I'm going to be late home so plan on griddling another pork steak and topping it off with the redcurrant salsa that's chilling in the fridge whilst I'm busy here at work Oh and I can't forget the crusty garlic and herb bread

I'm still on a diet so will be eating apples......deep joy

Old 08-04-2009, 04:13 AM   #3
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyjonny_uk View Post
Hi Msmofet :)

I'm going to be late home so plan on griddling another pork steak and topping it off with the redcurrant salsa that's chilling in the fridge whilst I'm busy here at work Oh and I can't forget the crusty garlic and herb bread

I'm still on a diet so will be eating apples......deep joy
good afternoon jonny? i really want garlic bread now!! LOL maybe i will go to the farm market later (it's 4:10 AM here) and get some small seasme seed loaves, fresh parsley, fresh basil and tomatoes. to make garlic bread and more tomato salad. they have the most beautiful vine ripe tomatoes!!
Old 08-04-2009, 04:28 AM   #4
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmofet View Post
good afternoon jonny?
You got it right It's 12.23 pm here and I'm thinking about escaping for some lunch but the choices nearby my office is limited so it'll probably be a cheese sloika

Quote:
I really want garlic bread now!! LOL maybe i will go to the farm market later (it's 4:10 AM here) and get some small seasme seed loaves, fresh parsley, fresh basil and tomatoes. to make garlic bread and more tomato salad. they have the most beautiful vine ripe tomatoes!!
I can't wait to move back to England so I can get my hands on a good choice of fresh herbs because it's very limited here in Moscow unless you want to pay the earth.
Old 08-04-2009, 04:37 AM   #5
Master Chef

Quote:
You got it right It's 12.23 pm here and I'm thinking about escaping for some lunch but the choices nearby my office is limited so it'll probably be a cheese sloika

I can't wait to move back to England so I can get my hands on a good choice of fresh herbs because it's very limited here in Moscow unless you want to pay the earth.
is that puff pastry with cheese inside?? yeah i love fresh herbs!! we can get just about any fresh herbs here any time of the year.

i just made peach malteds my little girl is awake.

Old 08-04-2009, 04:45 AM   #6
Senior Cook

Quote:
is that puff pastry with cheese inside??
Yeah they're very popular here and they can have all kinds of fillings:

Cheese, cheese and ham, mushroom, mushroom and potatoe etc etc and they also have sweet filling like jam and cottage cheese with apricots. They're pretty tasty but they get pretty repetitive especially after 3 years here

Quote:
i love fresh herbs!! we can get just about any fresh herbs here any time of the year.
Yeah I plan on having my own herb garden when we move back to England but for now I'm pretty limited to what I can use which is a shame.

Quote:
just made peach malteds my little girl is awake.

They look tasty
Old 08-04-2009, 05:10 AM   #7
Master Chef

Quote:

They look tasty
i made banana malts the other day very good!! i just dug out my blender so i am rediscovering it!! LOL
Old 08-04-2009, 05:58 AM   #8
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Am being taken out to dinner tonight to a favorite Mexican restaurant. It's always good, so no matter what I choose, I'll have great meal.
Old 08-04-2009, 06:12 AM   #9
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie E View Post
Am being taken out to dinner tonight to a favorite Mexican restaurant. It's always good, so no matter what I choose, I'll have great meal.
I hope you have a great time Katie

I also love Mexican food and we have a restaurant here in Moscow called Pancho Villa which serves delicious fajitas

Enjoy!
Old 08-04-2009, 08:47 AM   #10
Head Chef

maybe something with pork...

Wyogal is offline   Reply With Quote