"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 01-05-2010, 06:13 PM   #11
Senior Cook

Big pot of Chili and some cornbread.

Old 01-05-2010, 06:27 PM   #12
Executive Chef

We had lentil soup, bread and butter and apple dumplings. This cold weather is really not funny. We've never had so many days of freezing temps. The bird bath stayed frozen all day.

Old 01-05-2010, 07:46 PM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

think i will make a cheeseburger, got some pepper jack that should be good with Hugh onion burger buns. the usual toppings. just fritos and lemonade as sides. lol
Old 01-05-2010, 08:31 PM   #14
Sous Chef

Cheese tortellini tossed with sautéed garlic, brown butter and Parmigiano-Romano.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:49 PM   #15
Head Chef

Shrimp with beansprouts sauteed in garlic, ginger, white wine, soy sauce, etc. Brown rice and sauteed asparagus on the side.
Old 01-05-2010, 09:10 PM   #16
Master Chef

Shell steak, tomato and mozzarella (dressed with olive oil, salt, pepper, herbs and spices) and homemade rice/roni (chopped onion, fresh chopped mushrooms sauted in butter, uncooked jasmine rice and broken angel hair pasta added and browned, beef broth added. simmered till tender).

Old 01-06-2010, 12:28 AM   #17
Master Chef

msmofet you do realize I gain three pounds every time I read one of your posts with pics.

Our dinner was going to be scalloped ham and potatoes from scratch. Then I thought (fleetingly) of using packaged potatoes. Finally threw my hands up and made home fries with onion and a ham and cheese omelet. Good thing hubby is easy to feed.
Old 01-06-2010, 12:30 AM   #18
Assistant Cook

The Husband and kids had chili dogs, fries and brown sugar baked beans. It had to be easy because The husband had to do the cooking tonight while I was at a girl scout troop planning meeting. I had some simply asia noodles when I got home, spicy kung pao flavor.
Old 01-06-2010, 01:49 AM   #19
Certified Cake Maniac

Well, the dishwasher is still lying on the floor, the sink is in the living room, the counter top is in the hall and the dining table is covered in tupperware.

Lunch was A&W, supper was Costco hot dogs and since I took DH to the ER with a minor cut in his eye this evening and doctor's orders were for rest for the remainder of the week, we will be eating this way for awhile. What is most important is that he is okay (I will spare the details of what happened).

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 09:29 AM   #20
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
msmofet you do realize I gain three pounds every time I read one of your posts with pics.

Our dinner was going to be scalloped ham and potatoes from scratch. Then I thought (fleetingly) of using packaged potatoes. Finally threw my hands up and made home fries with onion and a ham and cheese omelet. Good thing hubby is easy to feed.
so sorry!! glad you like them. your dinner sounds yummy!! breakfast for dinner!!