What's cooking, Tuesday July 21, 2009?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The green beans in my garden are growing like wild!

I wish I could have a garden, but alas my backyard, while plenty spacious, is hopelessly overrun with ivy. Any garden I attempted to plant would surely be consumed within days... :(

That said, my FiL is a botanist, and has a huge backyard garden, which keeps me in plenty of fresh veggies all spring, summer, and fall.

I can't wait for his baseball bat sized zucchinis in the fall. I give it a treatment very similar to the traditional stuffed pepper - basmati rice, chorizo, onions, peppers, bake until the zucchini is just tender, then cover with mozzarella and broil until the cheese is brown. Great fall dinner item.

I don't know of any offhand, but if you come up with one, I'd be interested. Fish is my middle name. ;)
ok i googled and so as not to be accused of copyright infringement i will only list the ingredients.

cold veggie and fish soup

Ingredients:
1 large cucumber, peeled, halved, seeded and diced
1 1/2 pound fresh spinach leaves, washed
6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 1/2 pound fresh sorrel leaves
3 tablespoons fresh horseradish root, grated
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon sugar
1/2 pound crabmeat
1 1/2 pound poached sturgeon (OR whitefish), cut in 1" pieces
1 cup scallions, sliced
1/4 cup onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
2 ounces vodka
1 1/2 quart beer

you can play with it to get in the way you like it.

my peppers on the way to the oven

img_837903_0_3aa21c2aba2f5fdeea69a41755ab687d.jpg

thank you!! there isn't much inside so i serve the sauce over the top. we like a lot of sauce.

dinner is served

img_837908_0_027cf519d5c6a06f951074a01eb77925.jpg

We are having leftovers of all the wonderful food my sweet friends have brought over. I had to call a temporary "cease fire" on the food delivery, as we only have 4 people in my family and everyone is cooking for 10. Plus, we have lots in th freezer, lol! I'm overrun by food :ohmy:. So tonight is smorgsbord night, it ought to be great.

BTW, Ms M, you peppers look devine!!!

Katy

Quesadilla - Flour tortillas, shredded Colby/Jack cheese mix and a nearly empty bottle of La Victoria taco sauce (I forgot I didn't have regular salsa.) Three minutes in a hot cast iron skillet and two minutes to spare before the Chicago Cubs game starts!

We are having leftovers of all the wonderful food my sweet friends have brought over. I had to call a temporary "cease fire" on the food delivery, as we only have 4 people in my family and everyone is cooking for 10. Plus, we have lots in th freezer, lol! I'm overrun by food :ohmy:. So tonight is smorgsbord night, it ought to be great.

BTW, Ms M, you peppers look devine!!!

Katy
thank you sweetie!! smorgsbord omg!! for some reason when i read that paul lynde started singing and dancing around in my head as the rat from charlote's web (the original movie)!! remember that movie?

thank you sweetie!! smorgsbord omg!! for some reason when i read that paul lynde started singing and dancing around in my head as the rat from charlote's web (the original movie)!! remember that movie?

I think it's a little scary when, for whatever reason, Paul Lynde starts singing and dancing in your head. But, yes, I do recall, now I have a little song of my own going! Thanks ALOT!!! :LOL:

Marsala mushrooms with chicken and fettuccine.

Attachments

• Photo_072109_003.jpg
    Photo_072109_003.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 146

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom