What's cooking, Tuesday July 21, 2009?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Aidelle's Teriyaki Pineapple Meatballs will be starring in a bok choy, peppers, onions and mushroom stir fry, with a ginger sauce. Real brown rice will co-star.
The supporting actors in tonight's festival of gastronomy will be a bag of potsticker oriental dumplings. This unknown talent brings a powerful punch of quality and flavor from the low priced mysterious world of the local Asian supermarket, and should be watched closely... They are a rising star!

we are having a friend over...think I will fix some tri colored spiral pasta tossed with pesto and ricotta cheese.....need a side.....and chocolate ice cream..

I've been practicing for the September edition of my show, so Osso Bucco with risotto again tonight.

The meat is the easy part. Getting every grain of rice in the risotto to cook to perfect al dente at the same time is the hard part. Hence the constant practice....

I didn't think there would be so much fish left over from the flounder I cooked last night. It was pretty small. So tonight I think I'll make some fish salad with the leftovers. I have some celery, some more baby leeks, cucumber, maybe some summer squash. sounds pretty tasty.... ;)

I've been practicing for the September edition of my show, so Osso Bucco with risotto again tonight.

The meat is the easy part. Getting every grain of rice in the risotto to cook to perfect al dente at the same time is the hard part. Hence the constant practice....

oooh, I just read what you posted. I think I'm coming to your place. :LOL:

I didn't think there would be so much fish left over from the flounder I cooked last night. It was pretty small. So tonight I think I'll make some fish salad with the leftovers. I have some celery, some more baby leeks, cucumber, maybe some summer squash. sounds pretty tasty.... ;)
with those ingredients you could also make a nice fish soup or stew to go with the salad.

oooh, I just read what you posted. I think I'm coming to your place. :LOL:

You know, it's a funny thing.

Classic Osso Bucco is supposed to be done with veal shank. I have done the recipe four times in the last two weeks, twice with veal, twice with plain old beef shanks. Maybe my palette has become dull from too many cigarettes and too much beer, but I really can't find enough of a difference to justify 3-4x the price...:huh:

sure, but the fish doesn't want to be cooked any more, and besides, it is a hot summer day. :)
sorry i was thinking a cold fish soup. i thought there was such a thing i guess i am wrong.

good afternoon. my stuffed peppers are in the process. still raining.

good afternoon. my stuffed peppers are in the process. still raining.
I wish it was raining here... it's hotter than a "you know what."

Stuffed peppers sound good. How are you making yours... like you said you normally do?

I had a french bread pizza for lunch, so I'm not having any dinner... it's too warm. Mark is getting a big salad.

I wish it was raining here... it's hotter than a "you know what."

Stuffed peppers sound good. How are you making yours... like you said you normally do?

I had a french bread pizza for lunch, so I'm not having any dinner... it's too warm. Mark is getting a big salad.
yup except i cut them in half!! you inspired me (and the fact that my dd slammed them on the table and cracked 2!! LOL)

Spicey chicken drumsticks served with a salad of tomatoes marinated in balsamic vinegar of Modena and mixed salad leaves drizzled with a mustard viniagrette dressing :)

You know, it's a funny thing.

Classic Osso Bucco is supposed to be done with veal shank. I have done the recipe four times in the last two weeks, twice with veal, twice with plain old beef shanks. Maybe my palette has become dull from too many cigarettes and too much beer, but I really can't find enough of a difference to justify 3-4x the price...:huh:

I hear ya TMC veal prices are crazy....
I bought a bag of frozen cod at Costco today, so I'll do something with that. Probably serve rice and green beans as sides. The green beans in my garden are growing like wild!

Back
Top Bottom