What's cooking Tuesday November 17, 2009?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

powerplantop

Executive Chef
I did Loco Moco. Hamburger pattie, mushroom gravy over spam fried rice and a poached egg.

4113184815_d8692b29be_b.jpg

Whats cooking Tuesday November 17, 2009?

WOW!! did i miss todays dinner thread? if so please merge.

i am so tired today that the quickest, easiest dinner was breakfast.

Scrambled eggs with fried potatoes, green pepper and onions. With B & G hot vinegar pepper rings and Franks hot sauce on the side.

img_862132_0_bee8952e615a4e08ba94950bbc71fbdb.jpg

what did you have today?

we started todays threads within 1 minute of each other!! i will try to delete mine.

i can't delete my thread.

i am so tired tonight that the quickest, easiest dinner was breakfast.

Scrambled eggs with fried potatoes, green pepper and onions. With B & G hot vinegar pepper rings and Franks hot sauce on the side.

img_862135_0_bee8952e615a4e08ba94950bbc71fbdb.jpg

I'm at my "other" house - my house tonight, so I just threw together some little something. I'm was so tired from working at the shop that I wasn't really that hungry. However, tomorrow will be another story since Glenn will be here and we'll have dinner together. Man, living at two places at the same time can be confusing.:wacko::wacko:

Last edited:
Spiced chicken breasts, seared with a rub of curry powder, ginger, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, cardamom, coriander, etc. then baked with white wine, lime juice, sliced onions, etc. Brown rice and steamed broccoli on the side.

mushrooms stuffed with chopped stems, crab and grated swiss cheese. they were o.k. i say that because i thought they needed more flavor. i did use lots of pepper and some paprika. on them. oh yes, they had mayo for a binder. may try one more time adding some garlic powder, or ? any ideas , anyone?

mushrooms stuffed with chopped stems, crab and grated swiss cheese. they were o.k. i say that because i thought they needed more flavor. i did use lots of pepper and some paprika. on them. oh yes, they had mayo for a binder. may try one more time adding some garlic powder, or ? any ideas , anyone?

Definitely some garlic powder or some sauteed fresh garlic. Also, a stronger cheese, such as extra sharp cheddar or gruyere.

Definitely some garlic powder or some minced fresh garlic. Also, a stronger cheese, such as extra sharp cheddar or Gruyère.

thanks for the help, the cheese was swiss and Gruyère actually. so will definitely need to find one with stronger flavor. cheddar maybe, any other cheeses you can think of , merstar. i loved the idea of them just thought rather labor intensive for the end result. maybe just regular old stuffing with the chopped stems would be the best thing. frankly i didn't think the crab had much taste at all. oh well, we cook and we learn. :chef:

thanks for the help, the cheese was swiss and Gruyère actually. so will definitely need to find one with stronger flavor. cheddar maybe, any other cheeses you can think of , merstar. i loved the idea of them just thought rather labor intensive for the end result. maybe just regular old stuffing with the chopped stems would be the best thing. frankly i didn't think the crab had much taste at all. oh well, we cook and we learn. :chef:
GORGONZOLA now thats strong!! :LOL: not sure if it goes with fish.

You're very welcome. :) How about Gruyere and/or extra sharp cheddar, mixed with some very aged Parmigiano Reggiano? Maybe also add some hot sauce.
P.S. Did you use Swiss or French Gruyere? I find the Swiss Gruyere to be stronger.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom