What's cooking? Tuesday October 12th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NYBrit

Senior Cook
Since a thread hasn't been started yet for today I thought I'd start it. I had eggs on a grill with onions on toast for lunch.

For dinner we're having a mixture. Fried zucchini, rice balls and left over pasta. Maybe an onion and some mushrooms thrown into the mix. What are you all having? :)

Meatballs in gravy, baked potatoes, steamed green beans, and baked acorn squash.

Ok so what time do you want us both there? :LOL:

I love meatballs.

Dinner will be serverd promptly at 6:30 PM. :)

Menu change: Mixed frozen veg instead of the green beans. I decided to save the green beans to have Thursday with the baked chicken legs and spaghetti squash.

Last edited:
Mini penne pasta with B/S chicken breasts (marinated in EVOO, Flaxseed oil, sea salt, ground peppercorns, ground red pepper flakes, fresh garlic, fresh basil, oregano, rosemary, thyme & onion powder) stir fried with the marinade till cooked through then broccoli rabe added to pan and sautéed till wilted topped with fresh grated Romano & Parmesan cheeses and just tender served with a salad.

img_926632_0_4b04d073ed5172ed9fecc59f16432600.jpg

When I made pulled pork for fathers day, I threw the remainder of the pork, the bone and all the fat into the freezer. Unfortunately there was a LOT of fat. But, I was able to get some pork together - shredded it, mixed with bbq sauce - heated - and served on corn tortilla's.

Made a basic salad. One thing I learned to do recently that I realllly enjoy is I mix 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil with 1 tablespoon of white wine vinegar and mix. I pour that onto the salad I make - which serves a decent portion to probably 3 people, even if it's just me and my husband. that's in case we want a second helping. I eye the whole thing. I also squeeze 1/2 lemon into the salad and one of the items I put in there is two hard boiled eggs that I crumble into it. The combination is just wonderful!!!. Of course I put other stuff in too.

I took the ham bone - not too big, some of the ham, and a bag of stock items I had in the freezer and brought to a boil. it's simmering now. Not sure what i"m going to do with it. Maybe make soup tomorrow or something to that effect. Ideas?

Last edited:
"I took the ham bone - not too big, some of the ham, and a bag of stock items I had in the freezer and brought to a boil. it's simmering now. Not sure what i"m going to do with it. Maybe make soup tomorrow or something to that effect. Ideas?"

Beans or greens. I've been having a hankering for some greens lately.

Does anyone have an idea how to separate a ham bone joint. The one from the 10# fresh ham is enormous, and plenty big enough for a couple of pots. Maybe a pot of beans AND a pot of greens. I hope one of you can come up with an easy way to separate the two bones. I'm kind of afraid to start on my own and end up with a nasty cut. I thought about using a flat blade screwdriver and a hammer, but where to use it. Heeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllp!

Have you ever tried this stuff? Diabetes and Dreamfields? Discover the Pasta-bilities

It's pretty good.

I have tried dreamfields pasta - not bad. We like the rice pasta's out there better - Tokido or something like this is one brand we like. Not sure how low carb though. I have heard that some people with diabetes will still have insulin rises after eating dreamfields pasta and others are perffectly fine with it.

Back
Top Bottom