What's cooking Tuesday October 13, 2009?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
not quite sure yet but probably pasta.

whats cooking by you?

I go to a Winn Dixie near LSU on the Monday after game day and usually find beef marked down that the tailgaters didn't buy. Rib Roast tonight! :w00t2:

Thinking meatloaf, potatoes, carrots.

We have a literal ton of dessert left from the Thanksgiving weekend - apple cheesecake my sister made, chocolate trifle, pumpkin pie and tarts, cupcakes, and more! :pig:

i think baked mini ziti or just mini ziti with sausage/ground beef sauce.

or poached eggs and dip my homemade sausage bread from last night.

I seasoned a leg of lamb, last not and put in the refrigerator, planing on cooking tonight. Yum, can't wait, that leg was still walking last tursday.

had guest for dinner last night, so will be eating leftovers from that. she is not a meat eater so made a yellow squash casserole. i had told her in advance what main dish would be. turns out she doesn't like yellow squash, said she did not find it in her heart to tell me. also didn't eat the brussels sprouts either. my side dish. she did eat the rice and had one tiny piece of the cornbread i served with it. dessert was german chocolate cake and she ate a piece of that.

i had told all about wallie medical record. guest was her daughter. she was her mom and my friend's birthday. we talked a lot about wallie, so maybe a chance to vent was good for her. don't think i will cook for her again.

Dinner 10/13/09:

Baked mini ziti with sun dried tomato and spinach served with baked romano and parmesan cheese chips.

img_856245_0_7c21827d536a05b9193eaa176b7bc009.jpg

img_856245_1_a44ad8ee12af38592cfaefe8ef509574.jpg

Thinking meatloaf, potatoes, carrots. :pig:

Meatloaf has been pushed to tomorrow, since I realized Dad had salisbury steak last night when we dined out. It may even get pushed to Thursday if DH doesn't get called into work then.

So it is pork chops, home fries and salad. I have a cold and would prefer soup or my garlic chicken penne from last night, but the guys need their meat.;)

Meatloaf has been pushed to tomorrow, since I realized Dad had salisbury steak last night when we dined out. It may even get pushed to Thursday if DH doesn't get called into work then.

So it is pork chops, home fries and salad. I have a cold and would prefer soup or my garlic chicken penne from last night, but the guys need their meat.;)
awwwwwwwwwwwww i hope you feel better soon.

hey i forgot, why don't you ever post pics of your wonderful food?

Stuffed kibe and salad. Girls are dining out with friends. Husband and I will be frugal.

trying something new: pizza with french bread as the crust, was going to have a salad or something to go with it but baby was hungry and husband will be home any minute

I'm playing fiddle at a choir concert tonight, emergency substitution (kid who was supposed to play has swine flu), so have been practicing all afternoon. Kind husband ordered a pizza... after waiting over an hour (D's, only two blocks away), we called, "Oh, it's on it's way." We called after 12 minutes, same thing. i talked to the manager, and guess what.... they never made it. So I was a BIT upset, we got one, not quite what we ordered, in 20 minutes (actually 90 minutes after we ordered it), free. i told the delivery guy that he needs to take his tip out of the hide of the kid that lied to us twice. Must have. The kid called back and apologized.
off to play the concert...

awwwwwwwwwwwww i hope you feel better soon.

hey i forgot, why don't you ever post pics of your wonderful food?

Cause it never lasts long enough around here for me to get one ;) I will try harder.:)

And thanks for the well wishes. I am going to make it an early night and try to get over this.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom