What's cooking Tuesday October 27, 2009?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
pasta i think but that will probably change. :LOL:

whats cooking in your house?

I'm making a pot of one of our favorite soups, beef barley with mushrooms. That and a loaf of French bread will be dinner.

Cornflake chicken and a giant salad. Dessert to be named later. Maybe green beans or broccoli too.

i went to the farm market and picked up vine tomatoes, parsley, basil, garlic, pecans, cranberries, almonds, tangerines, some nice long loaves of sesame seed bread, imported cold press evoo and imported pasta. hmmmmmmmmmm pasta and brocolli with olive oil and garlic, tomato salad and garlic bread. cranberry, tangerine and nut bread. if all goes well but plans may change.

Grilled Spicy Catfish Tacos with garlic jalapeno cilantro mayo and tangy slaw.
Got some tasty sweet grape tomatoes, gonna serve them on the side with
avocado slices.
And french Fries, per request!

Chicken pot pie, green salad with pomagranite dressing and a side of roasted Brussels Sprouts with pancetta and garlic.Dessert chocolate chip cookies.
kadesma:)

Something I've been meaning to try for awhile, a frozen gyro kit; meat, tzazini sauce (I've probably misspelled that), and pita. To go with it I made a salad of chifonaded lettuce, feta, calmata olives, pepperocini, and onions, all finely chopped and tossed in olive oil, lemon juice and Cavender's Greek seasoning. It was great, I'll buy the frozen starter again (the pita we can get here is truly bad, has the texture of two pieces of paper ironed together, and the pressed gyro meat is totally unavailable outside of this kit or a restaurant, and only one in town makes it, and it is a very, very, very loud sports bar). The frozen pita in the kit was of a far, far better quality than any I can buy in a grocery store here. We piled the meat into the pita halves, then spooned in the salad, and topped with the sauce. Definitely a do again!

I think we are having pork chops, potato of some kind and peas.
This was dinner. Fried pork chops, mashed taters, peas and french bread.

img_858904_0_ef8d526fe044fc52aa4e0f689f1db5d8.jpg

Vegetarian Lasagne with spinach, mushrooms, garlic, onions, 3 kinds of cheeses, tomato sauce, herbs and spices.

everyones food sounds great!!

we wound up having tomato salad and bread to dip. the girls had left ove chinese from the night before so they had that with the salad. i was happy with just the salad and bread ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom