What's cooking Tuesday September 22, 2009?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
WOW!! i just got deja vu!! :LOL::LOL:

i didn't see katie's chocolate ice cream :(

link pretty please?

Ms M, if you are referring to the fact you just saw this in the Monday thread, you did. But you won't now cause I deleted it and put it here where it is supposed to be! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

As for the ice cream link, your wish is my command.
Katies Dutch Chocolate Ice Cream

Bourbon Chicken

3946456896_c1f6fd201b.jpg

I'm making stuffed peppers. I was going to have potatoes on the side, but I think the peppers are enough, with some french bread. I'll have the potatoes tomorrow night with something.
This was our stuffed pepper dinner.... made from leftovers... that is parm on top......yes, from the green container. :rolleyes:
img_852028_0_d1a743a861a032a2e0e31106cc07e4f4.jpg

img_852028_1_9ae61e97b2b049e493887f3722d33aa7.jpg

I think tonight I'll make the potato-salmon cakes I found a recipe for yesterday. With some veggies. Oh, or my Chicken/Rice concoction you nice folks helped me with yesterday.

We'll see.

I went with the chicken rice meal.....and it turned out as I'd hoped it would.....DEEELISH. AND...I took a picture....but can't download it yet. ;) The chicken was so juicy and flavored perfectly from the rice mixture. The rice was perfect. It was just...perfect.

Finished it off with some cookies and cream icecream served with a nice soft brownie. Yea....all that.

I had some leftover smoked turkey drumsticks, so cut the meat off into bite-size pieces & used them to make a dish my Czech parents call "Fleetchkee" (phonetic spelling).

This was something they always made with leftover smoked ham, & basically consists of cooked egg noodles mixed with the bite-size meat & a thick cheddar or American cheese sauce (I used Velveeta), poured into a buttered baking dish, topped with a light layer of breadcrumbs & baked until the top is golden & crusty. Apart from using smoked turkey instead of ham, I also added some fresh broccoli florets (which I cooked along with the egg noodles) for some color & extra nutrition. Served with a green salad.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom