"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 09-22-2009, 09:07 AM   #1
Executive Chef

well we are all sick. one of my girls is home from school now 2 days. i think it will be chicken soup. it seems like something is going around.

what are you cooking?

Not sure what I'm fixing today, but it will involve potatoes. I may dig some carrots and have roasted veggies, maybe with a toasted herb roll, with some mozzarella cheese melted on top.....hmmmm, that may work!

What are your plans?

Old 09-22-2009, 09:34 AM   #2
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethzaring View Post
well we are all sick. one of my girls is home from school now 2 days. i think it will be chicken soup. it seems like something is going around.

what are you cooking?

Not sure what I'm fixing today, but it will involve potatoes. I may dig some carrots and have roasted veggies, maybe with a toasted herb roll, with some mozzarella cheese melted on top.....hmmmm, that may work!

What are your plans?
the red is from my thread that i started before this one and i understand that one got deleted but to combine my post with beths is pretty confusing.

Old 09-22-2009, 09:36 AM   #3
Master Chef

anyway hello beth how are you today?

i feel yucky and i think soup is best for us but your plans sound yummy!! can ya fax me some?
Old 09-22-2009, 10:26 AM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire

Planning on pork chops cooked with wine vinegar, sugar, sour cream and then french fries without frying just cooked in the oven with butter then add parmesan finish and serve, sliced tomatoes,avocado,sliced red onion,marinated artichoke hearts, warm Italian bread and butter.
Dessert no way today
kades
Old 09-22-2009, 10:51 AM   #5
Senior Cook

Need a quick dinner tonight, so I'm going to whip up a batch of yeasted "overnight" waffle batter this morning and make a fruit salad sometime this afternoon. Tonight I'll cook up the waffles, make some bacon, and dress the fruit salad with a honey yogurt sauce. We'll have salad for lunch to get our greens in. ;)
Old 09-22-2009, 11:32 AM   #6
Certified Cake Maniac

DH is off for three days so we can actually have dinner at dinner for awhile, yay!

I was planning beef stew, but the predicted rain didn't come and my meat isn't thawed anyway so that will be for one of the next two days.

I am thinking pork chops with onion gravy, applesauce, either mashed or pan fries, and salad.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 11:53 AM   #7
Master Chef

my chicken and veggie stock is now simmering.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:01 PM   #8
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmofet View Post
anyway hello beth how are you today?

i feel yucky and i think soup is best for us but your plans sound yummy!! can ya fax me some?
Hey ms m. I was doing pretty good until my poor little brain was trying to make sense of post #1! I'm thinking, my goats are sick? Why would I have written that? Am I losing it??

sorry to hear of your sick girls...hope your chicken soup is good!
Old 09-22-2009, 12:10 PM   #9
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethzaring View Post
Hey ms m. I was doing pretty good until my poor little brain was trying to make sense of post #1! I'm thinking, my goats are sick? Why would I have written that? Am I losing it??

sorry to hear of your sick girls...hope your chicken soup is good!
LOL it confuzzled my cold fuzzy brain also. but at least i got merged with a great person!!

thank you the soup will help. i wish someone would make ME chicken soup not from a can when i am sick!!

i hope your goats get better, beware of bridge trolls!!
Old 09-22-2009, 02:35 PM   #10
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmofet View Post
LOL it confuzzled my cold fuzzy brain also. but at least i got merged with a great person!!

thank you the soup will help. i wish someone would make ME chicken soup not from a can when i am sick!!

i hope your goats get better, beware of bridge trolls!!
OK you two, I'm sorry. I promise to make sure both eyes are open next time,I fool with any posts, if there is a next time.
kades