What's cooking Tuesday September 22, 2009?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bethzaring

Master Chef
well we are all sick. one of my girls is home from school now 2 days. i think it will be chicken soup. it seems like something is going around.

what are you cooking?

Not sure what I'm fixing today, but it will involve potatoes. I may dig some carrots and have roasted veggies, maybe with a toasted herb roll, with some mozzarella cheese melted on top.....hmmmm, that may work!

What are your plans?

Last edited by a moderator:
well we are all sick. one of my girls is home from school now 2 days. i think it will be chicken soup. it seems like something is going around.

what are you cooking?

Not sure what I'm fixing today, but it will involve potatoes. I may dig some carrots and have roasted veggies, maybe with a toasted herb roll, with some mozzarella cheese melted on top.....hmmmm, that may work!

What are your plans?
the red is from my thread that i started before this one and i understand that one got deleted but to combine my post with beths is pretty confusing. :ROFLMAO:

anyway hello beth how are you today?

i feel yucky and i think soup is best for us but your plans sound yummy!! can ya fax me some?

Planning on pork chops cooked with wine vinegar, sugar, sour cream and then french fries without frying just cooked in the oven with butter then add parmesan finish and serve, sliced tomatoes,avocado,sliced red onion,marinated artichoke hearts, warm Italian bread and butter.
Dessert no way today
kades;)

Last edited:
Need a quick dinner tonight, so I'm going to whip up a batch of yeasted "overnight" waffle batter this morning and make a fruit salad sometime this afternoon. Tonight I'll cook up the waffles, make some bacon, and dress the fruit salad with a honey yogurt sauce. We'll have salad for lunch to get our greens in. ;)

DH is off for three days so we can actually have dinner at dinner for awhile, yay!

I was planning beef stew, but the predicted rain didn't come and my meat isn't thawed anyway so that will be for one of the next two days.

I am thinking pork chops with onion gravy, applesauce, either mashed or pan fries, and salad.

anyway hello beth how are you today?

i feel yucky and i think soup is best for us but your plans sound yummy!! can ya fax me some?

Hey ms m. I was doing pretty good until my poor little brain was trying to make sense of post #1! I'm thinking, my goats are sick:ohmy:? Why would I have written that:huh:? Am I losing it??:(

sorry to hear of your sick girls...hope your chicken soup is good!

Hey ms m. I was doing pretty good until my poor little brain was trying to make sense of post #1! I'm thinking, my goats are sick:ohmy:? Why would I have written that:huh:? Am I losing it??:(

sorry to hear of your sick girls...hope your chicken soup is good!
LOL it confuzzled my cold fuzzy brain also. but at least i got merged with a great person!! :LOL:

thank you the soup will help. i wish someone would make ME chicken soup not from a can when i am sick!!

i hope your goats get better, beware of bridge trolls!!

LOL it confuzzled my cold fuzzy brain also. but at least i got merged with a great person!! :LOL:

thank you the soup will help. i wish someone would make ME chicken soup not from a can when i am sick!!

i hope your goats get better, beware of bridge trolls!!
OK you two, I'm sorry. I promise to make sure both eyes are open next time,I fool with any posts, if there is a next time.
kades:LOL:

I think tonight I'll make the potato-salmon cakes I found a recipe for yesterday. With some veggies. Oh, or my Chicken/Rice concoction you nice folks helped me with yesterday.

We'll see.

OK you two, I'm sorry. I promise to make sure both eyes are open next time,I fool with any posts, if there is a next time.
kades:LOL:
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ok. never fool with a fools posts (me being the fool not beth!!) keep both eyes open and 10 fingers wide awake!! :LOL::LOL:

XOXO :angel:

DH is teaching so I popped a pan of lasagna in the oven. I can eat it when it's ready and he can have some when he gets home.

I'm making stuffed peppers. I was going to have potatoes on the side, but I think the peppers are enough, with some french bread. I'll have the potatoes tomorrow night with something.

my oldest granddaughter and her fellow are coming for dinner. no special occasion. i always love seeing them. the menu follows

beef burgundy , has beef stew meat, mushrooms halved, rough cut onions, 1 can golden mushroom soup. beef broth and tapioca. gonna be lots of gravy. i will serve this over jasmine rice. whole kernel corn, salad, and garlic bread. a phyllo dessert dish i made up i guess the tapioca is to thicken, the beef dish part is in the crock pot.. good thing i picked this dish, very hot here. but with the crock no standing over hot stove.

we will probably play a board game called aggravation. lots of fun.

Dinner 9/22/09:

Chicken soup over rice.

img_851964_0_e4d5a668ab4561c87be0bac67a828ab6.jpg

img_851964_1_e25e5ed161b23b4e94cf31e4094ba0ec.jpg

my oldest granddaughter and her fellow are coming for dinner. no special occasion. i always love seeing them. the menu follows

beef burgundy , has beef stew meat, mushrooms halved, rough cut onions, 1 can golden mushroom soup. beef broth and tapioca. gonna be lots of gravy. i will serve this over jasmine rice. whole kernel corn, salad, and garlic bread. a phyllo dessert dish i made up i guess the tapioca is to thicken, the beef dish part is in the crock pot.. good thing i picked this dish, very hot here. but with the crock no standing over hot stove.

we will probably play a board game called aggravation. lots of fun.
that sounds fantastic!!

Okay, for the first day of fall, it is like the middle of summer here so beef stew AND pork chops are definitely out.

Pizza, ham & pineapple for Dad, deluxe for DH and veggie for me followed by Katie E's Dutch chocolate ice cream which I am just going to put into the machine.

Okay, for the first day of fall, it is like the middle of summer here so beef stew AND pork chops are definitely out.

Pizza, ham & pineapple for Dad, deluxe for DH and veggie for me followed by Katie E's Dutch chocolate ice cream which I am just going to put into the machine.
WOW!! i just got deja vu!! :LOL::LOL:

i didn't see katie's chocolate ice cream :(

link pretty please?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom