What's Cooking Wed. June 22?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lake Erie perch, a cold Great Lakes beer on tap...oops, wait, I'm back in Cleveland in my mind. :LOL:

Here in MA we'll finally grill that jerk chicken; we finally got our propane last night. Sides will be grilled pineapple rings, and I'll plop the last of the potato salad in the spot for "starches". Dessert of cherry-berry crisp hasn't happened yet since I was glued to my computer screen for a perfectly wasted six hours watching Cleveland celebrate. :heart: I was there in spirit.

I'm thinking of chicken and cheese stuffed shells covered with homemade Alfredo sauce. Or maybe I'll make that tomorrow morning and just have hot dogs tonight. It's a tossup depending on how energetic I feel come dinnertime.

It felt like a "breakfast for dinner" kinda night, so I had a spinach and mushroom omelet.

img_1470502_0_cc8f22b3eb5d7d5cfcf3b9d7d7f887fe.jpg

BLTs. First time trying some with avocado., have been meaning to try for a while but always forgot the avo. I put avocado on half of 1 of mine and without on the other. Even though I generally love avo, I thought it was better without. Fried potatos and cole slaw for sides.

Guacamole tostada with a beef and cheese enchilada, beans and rice. It's taken me 8 hours to eat it. There was also chips and salsa. Great meal as I did not have to cook it.

I gave a talk about gardening, cooking and preserving herbs this evening and neglected to prepare something to eat after, so DH pitched in :wub: He boiled up frozen ravioli stuffed with chicken and cheese and heated up some pizza sauce I made a couple days ago and put shredded mozzarella on top. They went surprisingly well together.

Sounds like you were eating at work, PF. Guess it was a busy day?

Great looking omelet, Steve, but you didn't mention the cheese. I like that combo with Swiss, usually, Jarlsburg. What cheese did you use?

Our meal was like a trip to the Caribbean - without that annoying TSA stuff. No Red Stripe in the house, so I had one of my disappearing bottles of Great Lakes Christmas Ale. It's June, you say? Nope, it was Christmas at our place today - Santa Bron brought a trophy to my hometown today and ended 52 years of sports championship drought. :)

Attachments

• 2016-06-22 20.50.12.jpg
    2016-06-22 20.50.12.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 146
Steve, S&P just lovely lookin' food!
As I made mention yesterday in the Kalua Pig thread...
We had Mr&Mrs. Landlord downstiars for Hawaiian food.
DH was extremely unsure about serving them something so foreign but ya know what?
They loved it!
They both told me privately that they like to try different foods.
Mr. Landlord had TWO large helpings of the Kalua Pig and Cabbage and Mrs. Landlord was diggin the Limu Ahi Poke and Lomi Lomi Salmon.
I'm so thrilled!
Good company, good beer and good food...

Back
Top Bottom