What's cooking Wednesday 7/6/16?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
I will be grilling with hickory, mesquite and apple wood blend chips : will break down chicken wings (simmering tips for stock to put in freezer for later use), seasoned nicely (everyone can choose a dip - 2 or 3 BBQ sauces in fridge and I will melt butter and Frank's hot for a Buffalo sauce (Blue cheese dressing on side). I will also microwave (no water added) corn on the cob then grill and hot dogs. Beans and kraut on side.

I have enough leftover grilled rib eye from yesterday to slice some up, so I think it'll be steak and eggs for dinner. :yum: Watermelon on the side.

I'm at work right now, and the only thing that's helping me get through an otherwise trying day is knowing there's a 28-day aged strip steak waiting for me in the fridge at home. ;)

Daughter, SIL, and grandbaby popped in this evening for a glass of wine (no wine for grandbaby!). Fortunately had a bunch of summertime stuff in the fridge so I could invite them to stay for dinner and put together a meal in very short order. Burgers on the grill, pasta salad, and coleslaw. Sooo much fun having them close by.

Linguine with clams, shrimp, mushrooms, .....
img_1472117_0_467ceedeb2d11ef630261aa5b41ccb55.jpg

Stovetop/oven roasted crispy skin chicken thighs, twice-baked potatoes, and maque choux using corn and mirliton.

Last night we went out for Happy Hour at the local Sushi place. These $5 gorgeous and generous Sashimi cocktails with seaweed salad got us started with a couple glasses of Chardonnay.

img_1472165_0_4e611c2fe10fbdf27f0d0b39b40efcb0.jpg

Kayelle, those are beautiful but all yours. I've tried both raw seafood and seaweed. Have no fear, you will have no competition from me.

:ohmy: Joey....drooling here over your dinner. Looks wonderful! :yum:
Plus another one. ;)

We went over to Loverly's guyfriend's house for a cookout. Delicious smoked pork chops, more bratwurst and Italian sausage, a crispy and cool relish tray, and a homemade (by me) mac and cheese with mild cheddar and smoked mozzarella. Guyfriend had also picked up a cheesecake wheel of four varieties. Himself and I took ours back to Loverly's. *burp*

Last night we went out for Happy Hour at the local Sushi place. These $5 gorgeous and generous Sashimi cocktails with seaweed salad got us started with a couple glasses of Chardonnay
That looks delicious, and what a great low carb option!

I love sushi, but have avoided it for a while now because I keep thinking there isn't much on the menu I can eat, other than sashimi.

But I would definitely eat that! :yum:

They were excellent to be sure. I don't think I've ever seen such a generous portion of Sashimi offered in such a way before. Those were large red wine glasses with just a small amount of shredded diakon radish on the bottom. You would think with so many people avoiding rice, it would be a common option. The seaweed salad is a great option with it.
Maybe you could request something like that Steve, although the $5 HH special is a real bargain for Sashimi prices.

Back
Top Bottom